Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas 2013

Happy Holidays!! I hope everyone had a very merry and happy Christmas surrounded with loved ones and good food :-) We certainly did! We spent Christmas Eve at my moms where LB received a LeapPad2 (in hopes of it taking place of stupid ipad games!) We're headed to target later to pick up some new games and apps for her to play with. 
Then we spent Christmas morning with my mom and Stacey eating a yummy breakfast. LB was overloaded from presents and being on the go-go-go so she ended up napping at 10am!! We then headed over to my dads and spent all day with them. It was definitely a family-filled holiday which is exactly how I like to spend them! 

Best news? I made it through my last hurdle. Yes, Christmas was my last big obstacle before baby sister arrives! I was worried about having a Christmas baby (and towards the end, with this cold, really didn't even CARE if she came on Xmas!) But now that we're through it I'm glad she stayed put. I'm ready for her now but also feel very relieved to have an end date which happens to be NEXT WEEK! Holy cow. It really makes me feel a little panicky to know that I will be a mother of TWO next week. Part of me is like "oh, I got this." and part of me is all "what if I can't juggle all of this!?" I know there will be a learning curve, and there will exhausted tears, and constantly questioning my sanity - but I am SO lucky to have my mom and sister close by who have already volunteered in helping with LB and anything else we may need. So part of me feels like if I "don't got this" then I have major back up!

And other good news? After a full week, I finally feel better. Last night was the first night I didn't have to load up on cough medicine, antihistamines and tylenol. I still have a bit of a lingering dry cough that is killing my stomach/ribs but it is subsiding and I'm happy I kept repeating "this too shall pass" even through the tears of exhaustion and pain of being 38+ weeks pregnant and sick. Sooooo not fun but I've made it through to the other side!

And with all that good news, here's our holiday in pictures:

Daddy putting together Lily's Kitchen on Xmas Eve
Lily opening presents and playing with her new toys. The girl is spoiled - and not only by us! She got her kitchen, clothes, Dolls - Elsa and Belle and LOTS more from Papa and Mimi. 
This might be my favorite picture this whole pregnancy :) LB is really into kissing my belly and did this on her own so I asked Stacey to snap a picture of us all kissing - it's too sweet, even if it is a bit cheesy.
Christmas 2013! 
Uncle Ryan gave some great gifts to Lily, including this music box which she ADORES!
And Mimi gifted LB with a disney "karaoke" machine which can be plugged up to our phones so LB immediately requested "those freezin' songs" which we listen to at least 3 times a day (they get stuck in my head SO BAD - they are so catchy.) So she knows all the words and serenaded us all evening ;-) Great gift, Mimi! 

No comments:

Post a Comment