To Do in 2014:
1. Start Yoga back up and really push myself to learn more.
(Side note: I refuse to say "lose weight" or "go on a diet" because it doesn't seem important. Yoga is more about finding time for myself, taking care of my body, wanting to push it to its limits. It's about more than "working out." )
2. Listen to my husband.
There has been times when Den talks about work and my eyes kind of glaze over, or I start making a "to do" list in my head - that's not fair. (and I'm sorry! I swear, it's not every time.) I wonder if he does that to me when I'm talking about my day - the laundry, breastfeeding, cloth diapering woes - I hope not! But perhaps we both need to work on our listening skills. Even if I don't know much about the specifics, it's imperative to have your partner listen, care, react and comfort. This is a big goal of mine.
3. Take steps to be a better parent: Put down the phone. Say yes. Make plans. Take a moment to calm down before you speak. Get out the paint. Go outside. Let her pick the movie, even if I don't like it. Let her measure and make mess. Blow more bubbles.
4. Breastfeed, cloth diaper, baby wear - Things I have been looking forward to for 9+ months now that I really hope to be able to stick with for as long as possible.
5. Eat greener, more local, more organic, more clean. Cook from scratch. Bake bread. Shop at the farmer's market. Invest in a produce box company [finally.]
6. Want less. Be content with what I have, and boy, do I have a lot. Cherish the chaos of life and the mess of a family of four. Be thankful for the piles of laundry and the dishes in the sink - it means you live, and you live well.
7. Ask for help when I need it. I'm about to hit a big transition in my life and need to ask and accept help when given.
8. Read more books. I got in a big book slump towards the last 6 months of 2013 and it sucked badly. I need to branch out and read different genres, try new authors, read new adventures.
9. Have dinner guests more often. Throw a wine tasting party. Meet up with friends more. RSVP "yes" more often, even if it means messing up the "schedule."
10. And one from last year that I need to carry over: Give myself a break. I can always be better, yes, but I am not a bad person. Striving to be better is always a good thing to want, but I am enough. I need to remember that.


No comments:
Post a Comment