Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Welcome Baby Sister!

Evelyn Paige is here! She's here! She's sweet and snuggly and HERE! I have so much I want to write - about the C-section, the hospital stay, getting to know this little bundle, Lily becoming a big sister and how sweet and helpful she already is, and finally coming home.

But there's a 4 day old to nurse, burp, change, and snuggle. And a 4 year old to feed, entertain and get back into a routine. There's the basics that have to be done: Medicine for LB, Nursing for Evelyn, food and sleep for mommy. Things are already becoming a blur but luckily I always have my phone handy so here is some pictures from the last week. I'll be sure to post more later and to add words to all this magic that just happened!

Just shy of 40 weeks

Last bump picture!!

She let the whole OR know she was not very happy to be evicted.
7lbs 7 oz just like her big sister. 21 inches long (1 inch longer than LB!)

I LOVED how they encouraged lots of skin to skin and breastfeeding immediately after getting into the recovery room. I couldn't feel my legs but I could certainly snuggle my new baby!!

Skin to skin was the best

So glad my mom was able to get to the hospital and snuggle her right away :) 

Big sister brought Evelyn a birthday cupcake :) 

Daddy is already wrapped around her finger (and seriously, you think you can't love a man more until you see him loving on the children you made together)

First Selfie! I snuggled that little girl around the clock in the hospital! 

Nana is also smitten. LB was a little unsure but now she kisses her and talks to her. Here she's holding her hand ;) 

First family picture of the FOUR of us!

This girl...only 2 days old here and WIDE awake! She has so many more periods of wakefulness than I'm used to and I love it! She hears my voice and her eyes widen like she knows exactly who I am (and what goods I have, haha!)

Love that they gave LB a "I'm a proud big sister" sticker when visiting!

The first day I felt more like myself. LB and I enjoyed smoothies in the hospital bed and then took a [very short] walk around the halls

Hospital souvenir !They didn't make these when LB was born and I was very disappointed! Glad we got them this time. Look how perfect (and big) her feet are! 

THIS. I so missed this. Breastfeeding, the hands, the milky smiles. Even around the clock, and the snackie "cluster" feedings, and the painful process of the milk coming in can't take away from the awesomeness!

Last day at the hospital was full of snuggles 

Home sweet home and feeling fine!

Kisses from big sister. So glad to have both my babies under the same roof!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh Allie I enjoyed reading this so, so much and seeing all your beautiful pictures. Such a special time for you four. I'm SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! Really looking forward to meeting Evelyn after you all settle in for a while. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on Evelyn! Love all the pictures too. I know you must be over the moon excited for your two precious girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so beautiful! Congrats P family!!

    ReplyDelete