I'm working on word blog posts. You know, thinking about the C-section and hospital visit. Writing down about the first [overwhelming] days home. Praising my mom and sister for all the help they've given, even taking LB for a few nights when we got home from the hospital because there was just too.much.noise for me to take. I will eventually get around to writing about becoming a mommy of 2 and remembering all these crazy new-mom-things like how much work breastfeeding really is and how utterly exhausted but oh-so-happy these first few days have been.
But for now, with my 2 day old clothes, milk stained nursing tank top, coke operated open eyes and sleeping 1 week old beside me, here is my post full of pictures that I hope can say most of it for me. I've tried not to be THE oversharer on facebook but it's certainly hard when life is changing so much and it's all so amazing!
 |
| Lily stepped into the role of big sister like it was made for her. From asking about Evelyn in the hospital, to including her in her first bath, to constantly giving her kisses, she has been amazing and so very sweet. My sweet LB. She has thrown away dirty diapers, brought me burp rags, "helped" burp Evelyn and has just been overall GREAT. I hope it lasts. |
 |
| This little one is spoiled already! Everyone loves getting their baby snuggles in :) |
 |
| And again. Daddy. You really never know how much love you hold in your heart for one man until you see him swaddling, kissing, snuggling and slinging poopy diapers like he's a pro! |
 |
| My time in the hospital smushed together. A mix of nursing and snuggling. Perfection! |
 |
| We wrapped!! We finally got to wrap! I was so excited and I couldn't wait to wrap her up. We've successfully done it twice and I was able to get up and get some things done (as in make a snack and clean the breast pump. baby steps!) I can't wait to try different carries. |
 |
| Evelyn's first sponge bath was so easy! Because it's so cold lately I thought to try it while LB was already bathing (and thus a warmer bathroom) and LB looked on happily! E was so calm. No crying at all! It was sweet. |
 |
| Oh.my.heart. Could I love her anymore? Look how insanely proud she is!! She asked to hold her again later on and I had to let her know that we had to take baby steps in holding her ;) |
No comments:
Post a Comment