Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Nesting Continued

Two weeks of CRAZY NESTING ENERGY going strong and I still find myself baffled by all that I'm doing. It's like my mind can't comprehend that I am 37 weeks pregnant and need to start slowing down. My legs and feet are dying at the end of the day, no matter how many breaks I take. But my mind is frantic and I can't sit still. There's things that need to be done! So, I have embraced this craziness with open arms and I've gotten a scary amount of things done while LB is at school. (Next Wednesday is the last day of school before baby sister arrives! AHHHH) 

My first major project was to tackle the cloth diapers. I received a lot of new diapers from my baby sprinkle (SO THANKFUL!) Plus ones that I had from LB. They all needed to be washed and a handful needed to be prepped (as in washed 5-6 times in hot water!) In the end, this is what I have for the start of our cloth diapering journey. It is a wonderful mix of all-in-ones (that I am super excited to use because I never had any with LB), Grovia AI2's, lots of pockets (some of which I found at a consignment sale, whoop!) and new infant prefolds. 
I've also decided to use cloth wipes this time around. So I found an old fleece blanket that was not being used and cut it up. I have 32 wipes right now and will cut the rest up asap to get about 64 wipes. I also got essential oils to make my own wipe solution. It just makes sense to cloth wipe now with going full time cloth diapering. I always hated having to carry a nasty, poopy wipe to the trash and have it sit there for hours. Gross. I hope it goes the way I think. And all this prepping has made me SO excited to cloth diaper this sweet baby girl! She may never wear pants haha ;-) 

My next obstacle was to stock the freezer. Don't ask me why I waited until the last few weeks to start this. I'm new to freezer meal planning. But I started freezing leftovers a month or so ago and we already started digging into that pile with gusto, so it just made sense to make more. I know I'll be happy on days of crying and sleep deprivation to have a home cooked meal within reach! So far I have these goods frozen:
- French bread rolls
- Banana Nut Muffins
- Blueberry greek yogurt muffins
- BBQ
- Broccoli cheddar soup
- Vegetarian baked ziti
- Waffles
- Breakfast Casserole

And coming up in the next week will be:
- Meatballs 
- Brownies
- Vegetable soup
- Shredded chicken for quick-throw-together meals
- Cooked ground turkey for quick crock pot meals

I've got a good stash going!


And lastly, the nursery, of course! The floor is [mostly] cleared out. Things have been washed and put away. Daddy put up baby sister's heart tree (left picture!) That was a hurdle - it turns out the tree trunk and branches were the EXACT same color as our walls so we had to improvise. I mixed some paint and we now have a lovely pink tree!
The picture above the changing table was a gift bag from the sprinkle. It makes a perfect decoration and now both girls have a "gift bag picture" in their rooms ;-)
The mobile is up and ready to be turned on for baby girl. And my diaper bag, from my mom, arrived! I already want to wear it - it's so light and just the right size!! My wrap is also braided ( a way to break it in ) and ready to wrap baby sister up. I've actually been having dreams about wrapping her in that lovely wrap.
The only thing left to do is hang a maternity picture I had printed and a little something with her name on it above her crib. Then we will be done!
The hospital bag is halfway packed and the car seat is washed and ready to be put in the car! It's almost go time. Three weeks to go and I'll say that even with all the procrastination a second baby brings, we're still ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment