It's 6:45am and I'm sipping coffee while waiting for my homemade banana nut muffins come out of the oven. Seriously, isn't this nesting energy crazy? Because I'm also dealing with third trimester insomnia at night along with crazy-itching-restless-all-over feeling while trying to sleep, I'm surprised I'm coherent at all! So while the muffins bake, and LB watches her morning cartoons I will use my special time to get some more questions off the list.
Question 16:
* What are your five greatest accomplishments?
1. Number one is easy - Lily Belle! Shouldn't your child be one of the top greatest accomplishments of your life? The simple fact that you made this little person in and of itself is amazing and breath taking. The fact that they can think for themselves, make smart choices, say please and thank you, and know love is great accomplishment.
2. My marriage. Again, another easy one to pick. Den and I have been through more than most couples go through in a life time and all of the struggle and hard times have made us so much stronger. I remember the walk we took at UNC, after Lily's diagnosis when things were still scary and unknown. It was just long enough after talking to the doctors to have the reality of our situation sink in. We walked around the hospital campus and finally faced each other and said, almost at the same time, "this is not going to be easy." And just voicing that out loud took the fear and the unknown away from US - we knew this was going to be hard. We knew that this was going to test US and we were on the same side.
The fact that we can look at situations like that and come out on the same side is what makes me proud of our marriage, and makes it one of my greatest accomplishments!
3. Cooking. Anytime I create something it feels like magic. I know, you're probably rolling your eyes, but it's true! And I beam with pride when I try a new recipe and it comes out right, or if I tweak a tried and true one and it comes out even better! I love when people compliment me on my cooking. I love feeding people and it gives me a great sense of accomplishment to be able to feed my family food that is not processed and is made from love!
4. My home. It may not be clean all the time. It may not have a theme or even all grown up furniture - I mean really, the blue couch in my living room? That belonged to my parents. It's seen years, and it's seen plenty of LB spit up. But, this is my home! This is my pride and joy - my work. I am proud that Den and I own our own home and we have made it ours and have filled it with great memories and happy sounds and lovely smells.
5. Being Green and healthier. I actually thought about writing a blog post about how I've been trying really hard to make green choices throughout my everyday life. Some of it's super easy like recycling everything I can, even bathroom items (think of how much plastic and paper you throw out in the bathroom!), cloth diapering, using cloth napkins. I try to cook from scratch as much as I can and avoid preservatives as much as I can. I try to use whole wheat flour and applesauce in place of oil or butter. I replaced my regular (not so good) face wash with plain coconut oil and I love it!
I feel like I'm constantly trying to learn new things to make our lives better and healthier and greener.
* Question 17
"What is one thing you wish you were great at?"
If I could be great at ONE thing...Right now I wish I was good at sewing. I have lots of DIY things I want to make but I am just not good at sewing! Maybe if I had a sewing machine instead of attempting everything by hand? Who knows. But I constantly think of the things I could craft if I just had the patience (and perfectionism) that is involved in sewing. Maybe one day!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment