Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, November 29, 2013

35 Weeks

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! As with every year, my Turkey days have just begun! This year we visited Grandma Jan at her house 2 hours away since we won't be able to travel on Xmas. It most definitely is my last time traveling this pregnancy. I am DONE! Today we will spend the day with my mom having our own thanksgiving. And tomorrow we'll spend some time with my dad, though probably without the turkey. And Sunday? My baby sprinkle! Busy, busy, busy, which is nice because the busier I am, the less I am counting down the days in my head.
5 more weeks.
Though with the way I've been feeling and the way she's been acting, I'm just really not sure she's going to want to wait the entire 5 weeks. Just to be prepared I have started packing the hospital bag. A lot of the essentials will be last minute throw in things but the baby's items are ready to go! Much easier this time around ;-)
 I'm definitely having to take things one day at time because I could wake up and feel pretty damn good and get a lot done or I can wake up feeling hungover (seriously!) I've gotten really nauseous, uncomfortable, LOTS of BHC (again) and tons of headaches. It's totally unfair! 
Mother nature has also taken over waking me up every 2 hours to pee in order to prepare me for the breastfeeding to come. I can handle that. What I hate is having a contraction almost every time I get up in the middle of the night. Oi goodness. And restless legs? Check. Oh, and another sign of impending motherhood? A bit TMI, but my boobs have started leaking after my showers. Nothing crazy but I noticed it and freaked out "WHAT!? I'm not ready for that yet!" Never happened before with LB but my body must just be remembering and doing what it should!
Baby girl is still moving just as much as she did when she had a lot more room. She's all alien like with her elbow and knees bending my stomach to one side and then the other. She's quite violent! We think we'll have our hands full ;-) At the last appointment she was breech but with the way she moves, and how her hiccups come in different spots (high and low throughout the day) I know she's still flipping about. 
So basically I'm uncomfortable. 
And nervous. Well, starting to get nervous that my big planned day on the 3rd is not going to happen and I have really not even contemplated going into labor on my own. Even writing that my mind is like "Nope! Ain't gonna happen!" I'm in denial. I have a one track mind and right now my mind is set and focused on the 3rd. Let's hope baby sister doesn't have other plans!

In LB news: She kisses my belly almost everyday ;-) And talks about her baby sister by name constantly. Sleep still isn't great and we finally had to cave and put her back on melatonin which gets her to sleep until about 5/5:30 most days. It's definitely seemed to be a game changer....again. 
We're busy preparing for her big 4 year old birthday party!! And getting things ready for Xmas too :-) 

How far along: 35 weeks

Total weight gain: ~ +28lbs
Stretch marks: Lots of pulling and stretching around my poor belly button.
Sleep: Up every 2 hours
Best moment of this week: Having a good day to get a lot of things taken care of! 
Miss anything: Wine, wine, wine. 
Movement: Violent, belly morphing, elbows and knees, and of course, the day is not done until she has at least 3 bouts of hiccups. 
Food cravings: Small meals
Anything making you queasy or sick: Something is! Ginger ale is my best friend these days
Labor signs: More frequent and more painful BHC
Belly button in or out: In but stretched thin.
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or moody most of the time: Still content but exhausted which can be a trial. 
Looking forward to: Family time, Baby Sprinkle and finishing the baby's room :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment