Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 17, 2013

33 Weeks

33 weeks and this picture represents quite well - I feel as big as a house! Nah, not really. Only a little bit. But this week marks a huge shift in how I've been feeling. So far I've dealt with annoyance, irritation, and definitely a brief flirtation with scary depression - all in the beginning. Then I felt like I kind of leveled out and really started enjoying this pregnancy and all of its differences. And now...Now it's like I've hit a wall head on. I am exhausted no matter how much sleep I manage to get. My feet are swollen almost all the time. I have CANKLES. And I've gotten my first [new] stretch mark. It started as constant pain above my belly button that literally felt like my skin was ripping - lo and behold, it really was. And now on top of my LB-white marks, I have a new baby sister - purple one. Oh well. I just keep thinking 7 more weeks and go from "oh my gosh. 7 more weeks until she's here!!! AHHHH YES!" To "Oh my gosh. How can I possibly grow anymore in 7 weeks? How can I gain a pound a week!? How many more purple stretch marks will happen in 7 weeks!?!" It's a lovely, nauseating seesaw of emotions. Which kind of sums up this pregnancy quite well!
Despite the negatives that this week has brought up I am happily looking forward to so much: Thanksgiving, my baby shower, Lily's birthday and Christmas! So much to get me through the last of the hard weeks.
Baby sister has been moving but with "nicer" movements and a few lazy days which are so rare for her! She has been waking me up at 5am but I can deal. This girl traded her crazy, constant movements for almost constant hiccups!
And we have most definitely settled on a name. Again, still a secret, although LB spilled the beans to my mom and Stacey - and then wouldn't stop talking about her baby sister all day. You can't blame her! It was too cute and totally unprompted on both sides which made it into a really sweet moment!

How far along: 33 weeks

Total weight gain: ~ +27lbs
Stretch marks: A new one above my belly button. If there have been more, I'm not noticing. Though with LB I didn't notice how many I had until she was out of me. 
Sleep: Tossing and turning :-( I can really only sleep on my left. 
Best moment of this week: Hearing LB talk about her baby sister so openly and lovingly :)
Miss anything: Wine, wine, wine. 
Movement: Hiccups and crazy punches!
Food cravings: Nothing this past week. More bread perhaps...and sweets.  
Anything making you queasy or sick: Indigestion. 
Labor signs: BHC is rearing its ugly head again. 
Belly button in or out: In, but shallow and stretched....I actually think in the next 7 weeks it could possibly pop out with this one.
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or moody most of the time: Content - but exhausted...and a bit lonely at times, to be honest. 
Looking forward to: Thanksgiving and my baby shower

No comments:

Post a Comment