Two birds with one stone this morning, mostly because Question 10 on the list gets on my nerves.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
- Uh. I probably have a "most embarrassing moment" at least once a week, if not more. Life is embarrassing if you're living it right. Making mistakes and goofing up, it's human nature.
But, I'll play along. There's the time in 5th grade I called my teacher "dad" or when I went to school and totally forgot my bra (though at the time, I guess if you could "forget" a bra, it's likely you didn't need one!)
Pretty much my entire Sophomore year at college was a drunken embarrassing mess.
And more recently, when the doctors at UNC first came into examine Lily Belle after her seizure they started explaining what had happened without asking me questions. I, going on 4 hours of sleep in more than 48 hours started filling in the gaps, until a doctor cleared her throat and said, "we're just doing our rounds, so let the doctor talk now." In my sleepy state I smiled and said, oh, like grey's anatomy. Yep.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have:
1. Rudeness. I cannot stand when people are rude. It is just not called for. Please, thank you, sorry, excuse me - they are small, simple words that can make anyone's day slightly better.
2. Chewing food with your mouth open and/or smacking your gum: Enough said. It's like nails on a chalkboard.
3. Honking horns. I only do it when it's absolutely necessary and hardly ever out of aggression (unless it's been one of those days....you know.) I feel embarrassed when I have to honk.
4. When other moms complain about having to take their kids in for one tiny little shot. It's personal, I know, and I would feel the same if my situation were different.
5. When I see people my age not supporting marriage equality. I could rant and rave about this but I just feel like at our age, and the world we live in - who are you to judge and stop someone from love. LOVE. God, this entire world just needs more love. Don't stand in the way of letting that happen.
6. When someone tries to complete my sentence for me - and then doesn't even get it right. Frustrating!! Just let me talk!
7. When people, especially doctors, hear "diabetes insipidus" and automatically think "diabetes." Not even close.
8. Know-it-alls, especially about something that is very personal to me. Just close your mouth, listen, and learn. You don't know everything.
9. When someone instagrams the same picture 10 times, just in different lighting or a different angle. I don't need to see 5 pictures of a building you passed by earlier today, thanks.
10. When everyone else in my house is asleep and I'm so tired but I can't sleep! (or, when baby sister comes and everyone else will be sleeping, but I'm up nursing...sending daggers from my eyes at Den!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I did the Grey's Anatomy thing too! When they took me into the OR for my appendix I was drugged mind you, but looked at the nurse and told her it looked very different than the OR on Grey's. She just laughed.
ReplyDelete