Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Resolutions: Revisited & Question 9

Oh my gracious. It's November and I'm just now revisiting my new years resolutions. Not much time left to turn it around, eh? The good news is, I've done fairly well with my resolutions. I think I've been pretty in tuned with myself and cut myself the necessary breaks when needed, especially while dealing with growing a new baby. And speaking of baby sister, I beat infertility! BAM!
So, I didn't learnt to crochet or knit. Big whoop. I did bake bread from scratch, which should have been a resolution. It was definitely on my "I wish I could do that" list. And I did it.
I didn't haven't finished the list of questions. I'm not sure I will finish by NYE especially with holidays and baby sister arriving but I will continue with it, starting now.

Question 9:
10 People who have influenced me and describe how:

1. Easiest person to start with: MOM: I mean what can I say? The first person to love me. The one who has loved me even at my very worst. The woman who has stuck by through the darkest of my days and the hardest of trials. The first person I call with good and bad news. She influenced me just by loving me.

2. Dad: Again, a man that has supported me through thick and thin even if sometimes it was hard for him to express his love and support (like the time my boyfriend broke my heart and all he could offer was an ice cold coke "that solves everything from a stomach ache to a crying teenager.") But it's those memories that make my heart swell. He taught me the serenity prayer and how to use it in everyday life. He taught me to be true to myself and to work hard for my family.

3. Kimball: Speaking of the serenity prayer. Kimball Delemare was the therapist at Island View that could tear me down and strip me bare in a few words and just as easily build me back up and make me think that  I could really be okay. He was a huge cheerleader for me when I was my worst enemy. He taught me much about life and coping and just being okay with it.

4. Stacey: My sister and my best friend. I have so many happy memories with her; puddle jumping, cool whip fights, hiding barbies under our pillows to play with after mom tucked us in. She was my protector from dark nights and bullies. She was my constant play mate and a huge part of my most cherished memories from childhood. And still we are making memories! She has influenced me most by just being who she is: laid back, calm, unselfish, hard working and the friendliest person you will ever come into contact with.

5. Amy: My oldest sister and another person I can think of and immediately smile about. Between dance parties, late night talks of insane subjects like pooping in your pants, and the very clear memory of knocking on my wall at night when I was scared only so I could hear her reassuring knock back. I was so lucky to grow up with two sisters, both completely different who were able to influence me in two different ways. Amy often challenged me and though we fought a lot, there are still so many good memories of laughing until our stomachs hurt, and playing in the woods and creeks until our fingers were painfully frozen.
Luckily we outgrew the challenging part of our relationship and it blossomed into a friendship as we got older and maybe, when we started understanding each other better. Again, Amy influenced me just by being her own self, something so different yet so similar to me: Brave, hardworking, tough, hilarious and someone who I always look at and wish I was a little more like.

6. Dennis: I can't forget my better half! Den has influenced me by showing me love, unconditional love, the kind that grows and morphs through the good and the bad. He has shown me strength and perseverance. He builds me up when I'm not feeling so tall. He is the first and last one to remind me how great I am doing and he is my biggest cheerleader when I need it most.

7. Lily Belle: The light of my life. The bravest person I have ever met. It's easy to let yourself be influenced by your children, to let that love and light and happiness effect your everyday life, to seep into every part of your day so that you constantly thinking of, not only yourself, but another little one too.

8. Rachael Ray: I know, right!? I'm not a huge fan anymore but RR was the first person that I really connected with on food network. She joked and laughed about her lack of knife skills, the fact that she was a "cook" and not a "chef." She made cooking attainable to me and she was my gateway to food network and cooking - which is one of my most treasured past times now.

9. Leah and Katie: My first friends. Really, we were in diapers when we met. We shared so much of our childhood and it was easy with them. Maybe most childhood friends are like that. Their carefree spirit and stress free attitude were so refreshing. They laughed easily and made and kept friends even easier. We are still great friends to this day, 28 years later, and when we get together it's like no time has passed. They have shown me what a real friendship is: something that is supposed to be easy and stress free! Something that grows with you but doesn't stop just because you change and grow apart.

10. Sarah and Laura: Two of my best "adult friends" you know, those friends that you make after you find out who you are. These two are my soulmate girlfriends, my shoulder, my "vent vent vent even when I don't make sense" friends that nod at me like I'm making perfect sense. Their the ones that celebrate all of life's parties and mourn all of life's downfalls. They are there to help me when I need it most and they influence me to be a better person and friend everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment