Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, November 22, 2013

Question 13 & 14

13. What's the hardest part of growing up?

I actually took a few days to think about this and the same answer kept coming to my mind...Growing up is hard. period. You're constantly learning - failing and succeeding, growing and changing. So, for me, the hardest part of growing up was learning that things don't stay the same. Whether it be your first love, your first heart break, your best friend that you'd thought would be by your side forever, your parent's marriage - things change. And now, listen, it's not all losing the "good things." You find out that the bad things - the depression, the embarrassment, the bad grade you got on that one project, or that teacher that really hated you, or that bully that was really mean - they don't last. 
But the hardest part of all of that? Besides having to let go, to transform, to change with all of it - is finding out and trusting that those things don't last. Sometimes that's harder than others. Depression, for example, felt like a never ending black tunnel with no light at the end. It was impossible to think there was an end, that things could change. And sometimes, the change surprises you. The healing power of time, for example. It's all a part of growing up!


14. What are five strengths and weaknesses you have?

Strengths: 
I am empathetic.
I talk things out.
I love with all my heart.
I'm constantly trying to improve myself.
I can deal with chaos but can thrive with a schedule.


Weaknesses:
I am emotional.
I get frustrated easily.
I am my own worst enemy and am super hard on myself.
I can be really selfish.
I overshare/have no filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment