Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, November 18, 2013

Question 12

Describe a typical day in your current life

I had actually thought of doing this the other day. Picking one day out of the year, or every 6 months, and writing a typical time-line of that current day and comparing year by year. Sounds interesting. I love going back and reading what I'd been up to around this time last year, and the year before, etc etc. So, without further ado, let's start with a typical day these days:

4/5am: I briefly wake up because of a few things: Baby sister chooses to wake up and punch me a bunch of times (uh oh.), my bladder is full (probably why she wakes up and punches me.) and LB wakes up. I check the monitor and waver on whether or not to go in and tell her to go back to sleep. If it's closer to 4, I have to. If it's closer to 5, I just shut the monitor off and sleep until 6:30. 

6/6:30: Good morning! I usually start my day changing an [almost] 4 year olds poopy diaper. yay! Lately she's been apologizing, which is sweet...kind of. I also change PJs and wet sheets, and sometimes start up a load of laundry since we've been going through so many sheets, PJs and waterproof pads.

6:30-8:20: Medicine is top priority. Get that in and then let LB watch cartoons while I take Layla out, start the coffee, drink the wonderfulness that is coffee and make breakfast - usually just a bowl of cereal, PB waffles or yogurt, depending on the day and what we have. I also take this time to pack LB's lunch, usually with leftovers (bless them for having a microwave at school!) LB and I get dressed for school.

8:30-9:30: I take Lily to school and drive back home. Whole route and drop off is an hour + 60 miles.

9:30-12:30: My time alone! ahhhhh. Heaven. Depending on the day and my energy level I can do anything from all the laundry, baking, cooking, food prep, grocery list, grocery shopping, cleaning (vacuuming, mopping, dusting) OR I can bum it: take a nap, read a book, take a hot bath, catch up on shows, put up my swollen feet. Lately I do about 2 days of mega-energy-cleaning and the rest of the week recovering from those days! Either day I have, I at least do one load of laundry a day. And also I eat lunch, usually leftovers for me too. 

12:30-1:30: Pick up Lily from school, drive home. 

1:30-2: Medicine given, and making up the bed for nap time.

2-4pm: Nap time! Heavenly nap time. I say a little prayer of thanks every day that she still takes a nap, and a long one, at that. I also nap at this time because by this point I am dead on my feet. It is the best sleep I get. 

4pm: LB and I get up and immediately put on food network :) It's our time. Daddy usually comes home around this time which makes LB ridiculously happy and lets me start on dinner.

5-6pm: Dinner prep and eating. 

6-7pm: We usually sit around and watching AFV or a movie. Personal down time for everyone before bed.

7pm: Every other night is bath night. Shot given. Den and I switch off putting LB to bed with a story and snuggles. 

7:30-10: My time again! Usually with dessert, a hot bath, a book or catching up on shows. 

10pm: Time to get LB up, change PJs, pull up, pads, give meds, fill up her cups and take her potty (which usually involves LOTS of patience and a few bouts of crying and kicking from her on the worst of days - which is a lot lately...) Tuck her back in with some more snuggles

And then 10pm is my bed time! Throughout the night, on any given night, I am up between my bladder, and just tossing and turning. LB has been better about not waking much during the night from 10-5 so that's been better. So then, I wake up and do it all over again!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment