This morning I took Lily Belle to see her first movie in the theaters! I was reluctant to take her for a few reasons: The dark, The noise, The sitting, The salty snacks, etc. It didn't help that she was up last night for a few hours soaking wet and asking for water [it's been awhile!] But today was a rainy day and I had been looking forward to taking her so I packed a bunch of healthy snacks in my bag with extra water and we headed out to see The Lorax.
First off, I was surprised with how many people were there! My Mommy-heart melted seeing all the kiddos hand-in-hand with their care takers/parents/mom/dad and their lovies in the other. Pink bear got to join us for this momentous occasion, I wouldn't have had it any other way!
I was pleasantly surprised, again, that we were admitted free and got to enjoy a $1 popcorn and $1 coke! The coke was for me, of course, the popcorn we shared. LB munched down on that popcorn before I slyly replaced it with some plain goldfish (and devoured the rest myself!) If it was salty, we would pay for it later. I couldn't not get her popcorn at her first movie!
By the time we got in our seats next to our friends Miss Ashley and her daughter Aubrey (a veteran of movie-going) LB was SO excited and so was I! When the lights went down and the movie started Lily Belle looked at me "Wow!! Mommy! Do you see that!? Wow!" My heart burst and I seriously had to hold back tears. She was doing just fine, my little girl who is afraid of loud paper towel dispensers and too many people talking at once. There were no tears, hardly any squirming and just a lot of love and wonder. It was perfect.
She did last the whole movie with only one potty break and lots of snacking. I also had to keep her a bit engaged towards the end when she wanted to get up and walk around. By the time it was over she said she wanted to watch it again and threw just a tiny fit when it was time to leave.
I definitely look forward to taking her to another movie in the near future and more next summer to beat the heat! And we are definitely buying The Lorax to have at home - what a GREAT movie!!
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment