1. LB can come down the stairs - ON HER OWN! She doesn't really like to but she does it :) We've done a few things since she started with her fear of stairs. I added blue painter tape to the edge of each step to help her see where it ends. Depth perception is so hard for her and it always breaks my heart. I was hoping the blue tape would help with that. Not sure that it did but she likes to sing "blue tape blue tape blue tape" while going to each step so that's something.
For awhile we just carried her down because she was very adamant about not taking a step down. We obliged and didn't push her until she was ready.
Then we started walking down with her while holding her hand while the other hand held onto the wall.
And lastly, we let go of her hand and walked beside her. She's still wobbly and sometimes sits down on each step but that's okay! It's a long way from just crying at the top of the steps and refusing to go down.
2. I've put in a call to SSI again. They have all the necessary records but have to have the Drs look over her case...again...We filed in June. Most people I know that got accepted, did so right away. Every time we've been denied it has taken months. You do the math. *sigh*
3. We have lots of appointments coming up to get LB prepared for the preschool program. Hearing tests and interviews and paperwork up the wazoo. This is really important to me because I want to make sure Lily Belle never falls through the cracks in public school. Plus, it wouldn't help to have backup PT or OT if her sensory stuff gets worse or she needs more help with visual therapy.
I guess I always picture her having a harder time reading or keeping up with the class. Or becoming fatigued easier. Or needing to use the bathroom constantly. Or not being able to play on the jungle gym because she can't see as well. Or needed help up the stairs. Or down the stairs. Or needing to keep an extra bottle of water with her at all times.
See why it's important to me?
4. Life is much better for LB (and us) without dairy in her diet. It's hard for me to cook sometimes. I have to look around cream sauces, cheddar anything and mac n' cheeses. It's doable but it definitely puts a kink in some of my cooking. I do give LB some cheese if there's not a lot in the recipe but scattered throughout.
I did make the mistake of using soy milk in our scrambled eggs the other day. No, it's not bad to use soy milk for that but it is bad if all you have is vanilla soy milk. Our eggs were just a bit festive...hahah
5. As for me, I am fully recovered. My belly button, where the "biggest" incision was made, is still tender but it's nothing I can't handle. The pain that I had previously from the endometriosis seems to be gone but the big test will be when mother nature comes calling again. Fingers crossed that this surgery was worth it because we just got the bill in the mail and it literally brought tears to my eyes.
That's it for now! We're headed to the beach this weekend to see Uncle Scotty and Lindsey. Hopefully we'll get some sand and ocean time in and just get to relax for a bit :)


2. Did the attorney not work out?
ReplyDelete