| Watching Cinderella :) She loved it! |
2. Bye Bye Ipad! We have officially taken the ipad away from Lily Belle. At first it was a great educational tool, and a distraction tool when I needed to get dinner on the table or clean the bathrooms. Then it was my crutch when LB was throwing tantrums at the store "If you're good, you can play the computer when you get home" and from there it just spiraled out of control. I am totally to blame for that. This past weekend at the beach really showed me how bratty and spoiled my little girl had gotten in regards to the computer.
So, we vowed to take it away when we got home and we did. We didn't fuss about it or explain it to her, we just put it away and moved on. And surprisingly, (or unsurprisingly) she is just fine. She's asked for it a handful of times "I need to play!" and I'll just distract her with something else. Another surprising outcome? I am much happier!? I thought using the ipad to keep her distracted was working for me but in fact, it just made us both grumpy. Now we're spending more time together playing, learning, teaching, and dancing which is how it's supposed to be!
| Daddy and Lily Belle reading Highlights. LB is really into the hidden pictures now and actually does quite well with them! It's a GREAT visual therapy exercise :) |
3. Yesterday we had Lily Belle's hearing test for the WCPSS preschool program. She passed it with flying colors, of course :) Though it did kind of shine a light on something we could work on: Cause and effect! They kept asking LB to do a certain activity when she heard a noise and she didn't respond at all though it was obvious she could hear them. Den and I are going to start working on "red light, green light" and try to get her to understand that - she didn't really get that in soccer either.


No comments:
Post a Comment