Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Lap surgery

This is just a quick post to say a few things while I'm recovering:
1. My mom is awesome. She took LB all day Friday, Saturday and even Saturday night. Den was missing LB something fierce so he popped out of bed this morning to bring her home. I definitely missed her but was very thankful to be able to recover without worrying about her.
2. The surgery was a success! I was diagnosed with mild endometriosis and it was removed. The endo was located behind my uterus. I only have two small incisions, one in my belly button and the other through my old c-section scar. They hardly hurt but...
3. The CO2 they pumped into my body during the surgery was excruciating. It felt like my lungs were bruised and my shoulders were on fire. The only thing that was slightly comforting was laying on my left side at all times. It made eating and even sleeping hard. The pain meds helped but not entirely.
4. This surgery reminded how much I loathe anesthesia. I hate the after effects of it all : the uncontrollable shaking, the icy coldness, the teeth chattering! Ugh. The worst feeling!
5. Which leads me to hope and pray that I never have to go under the knife again. I know, I know, there's a possibility of another c section when we get pregnant but I really can only hope that I won't have to just so I don't have deal with the after effects of the anesthesia!

All is well here. I'm still recovering but at least I'm able to get around better and sit up for longer periods of time. I hope to have some more information about the endo at my two week post op appointment.
In the meantime, enjoy the picture den took of me post op ;) he sent it to mom and Lily Belle which she responded with "mommy is sleeping with lots of pillows!"

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the surgery went well and you are starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete