A few giant leaps forward with PTing and we are now at a stand still...or perhaps even a few stumbles backwards. I am slowly losing my patience and getting frustrated and that in and of itself makes me feel even more frustrated with the whole dang thing!
So, what's going on? First off, many many accidents - at home only. This is partly my fault for not reminding her constantly to pee on the potty like I did the first few weeks - seriously, it's like my mind is potty trained instead of hers. And part of it is that she gets so distracted playing with her toys or ipad that she just goes without thinking about it. I've tried to limit the ipad to 10 minute intervals and making sure she pees before playing but then we run into another worthy foe:
Poop.
Ugh. I am certainly desensitized to cleaning poop thanks to cloth diapers so I'm not overly offended by it but still, I am so so so tired of cleaning it up and going through 3-4 panties a day because of these accidents. She has yet to poop on the potty at all. Well, at the beach she had a little "whoopsie poop" on the potty and she didn't even realize it. I think the part that makes me the most concerned and upset is that she doesn't even care when she goes - either #1 or 2. And she doesn't come and get me to tell me.
Worst case example:
The day we got back from vacation I was outside taking apart of her completely soaked car seat (for the record, we did use a diaper for the trip but you know how LB is with diapers - it's like they aren't even there.) The car seat pad was literally dripping wet. I come inside holding the seat with two fingers and rush up the stairs to throw it in the washer when I'm stopped in my track by my daughter standing at the stairs covered in poop.
Seriously. No joke.
I won't go into more details except that it was everywhere - on her and around her playroom where she continued to play regardless of the nastiness that was following her everywhere.
*shudder*
It was an unpleasant welcome home present.
And since that day we've had an accident like that almost every day. Plus the pee accidents on top of that.
It's confusing because when we're out in public she goes every time I take her to the potty and even tells me when she has to go. I guess it's just a little bump in the road and one I need to deal with a bit more graciously than I have been... Goal #1093875
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment