Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

LB Updates

I'm currently in the middle of writing a "serious" piece of work to post here, something I've been debating on writing about but really, writing is my best outlet so why shouldn't I? Anyway, before I get into that in my next post, I wanted to update with LB tidbits:
1. Potty Training is going much better. There have been some poops on the potty and lots of dancing about and screaming when it happens. I let LB flush for the first time yesterday and she was pretty excited about saying "bye bye" to the poop. I realized I'm not patient enough for poop on the potty so I need to work on that. 

2. We're CDing full time when she's in diapers (nap and bed time.) I have just enough pockets - 3 a day - for this to work right and can do laundry about every 3 days which is great! 

3. LB is off melatonin! We just decided to stop [again] and see if she could sleep through the night on her own and not wake up at 4am like before. The last time we tried this it didn't go so well but this time she seems to be ready for it. She still might get up some nights and I just have to skip in there and give her a "baba" (pacifier) and she's okay. Breaking that habit is going to be a huge struggle and one that I'm not willing to do just yet. But we're very happy she's off the melatonin for now!

4. This past weekend at my dads LB really paid more attention to the boys (my half brothers) because they had the ipad and would let her watch/help which was super sweet. Then Mimi put on a barbie movie after they played outside and all were enthralled.
Uncle Ryan and LB

She was so into it :)

Andrew joined them

I found LB snuggled up on Andrews chest a few times that night and my heart..totally.melted.
Speaking of the ipad. We're trying to take many breaks from that durn thing. LB was/is? so addicted to it and it drove me crazy. Of course, it was great when I needed a break or need to clean/do laundry/make dinner. But she started to get obsessed with it. And also, at first, she was playing educational games until she found the god awful angry birds (*sigh*) And even then it wasn't so bad. But then I found her watching youtube - watching other people play angry birds. We did lots of time outs and "no video watching!" but it didn't work so well. So I finally found out how to delete youtube off the ipad (it was locked?!) and now all is well. 
She is currently watching her regular morning PBS cartoons that she hasn't done in awhile - all because the ipad is hidden away. She's watching "Sid the Science Kid" all about brushing teeth which is perfect since she's headed to the dentist today!! 

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Pictures.

    Oh yes!! I had to "restrict" youtube also on my phone. Mainly because after his episode was over he would search around for other episodes and somehow landed on some infomercial about a "manhood enlarger" LOL!! WHAT???? Yes, you read that right. Oy!! Technology.

    ReplyDelete