1. Rash is gone. Kinda. *sigh* I believe she is kinda allergic to blueberries and strawberries, which leads me to believe perhaps she is allergic to all berries? I say "kinda" because I think she can eat them in small amounts and be fine but when she eats them everyday for a week at a time, well then that's when disaster strikes.
And I say the rash is kinda gone because the worst of it is gone but it comes and goes. It's so strange because Lily never had diaper rashes when she was a baby and now she gets one every other day. I try to keep up with the wet diapers, especially in the afternoon when her medicine wears off, but lord it's hard! Cornstarch works wonders. Why didn't anyone tell me about this earlier!?
But the worst of it. The bane of my existence lately is....diarrhea. EVERYDAY. The past 4 mornings I have woken up to Lily having a full diaper of pee and lots of smelly poop. Yep. So that's making her rash worse. The diarrhea is out of control. I don't know anything else to cut out of her diet. I actually think this is teething. She's gnawing on everything and her top canine teeth are coming through. But this is insane. She went 3 times yesterday! If this continues I'll have to go get her sodium checked just to be sure it's not throwing that all out of whack.
2. We had our early interventionist and our visual therapist come by yesterday. GMP follows school year schedule so they're starting back up now. Dee, Lily's visual therapist, wants to work with Lily every week now that she's old enough to sit and do more challenging visual exercises. These "exercises" are more playing with toys, but it is actually work. We're going to focus on working on her depth perception and fine details.
They think she's pretty amazing (duh) but there's just some small things we need to work on. I've noticed her having a harder time changing surface areas if I don't tell her about it. Part of it is she's moving faster and part of it is, she might be used to me always telling her "step up" or "watch out" when the floor changes from say, sidewalk to mulch or hardwoods to carpet. She's also having a hard time with her depth perception which is normal for kids with any visual impairments. She often over reaches or just misses things when reaching out or stepping up on a step. Practice makes perfect they say so we're going to work on things like that until she starts feeling more comfortable with it.
3. Social Security checked our bank accounts. So I guess we passed that part. I hope so, at least. Still waiting and still trying to keep it in the back of my mind so I don't stress about something else!
Ah. That's all I can think of right now but I'm only half finished with my first cup of coffee so there's probably more but my brain is still half asleep...!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Thanks for your comment. I am happy to hear your little one's rash cleared up. I have three boys of my own so I can understand every hum and hah you post. I would def take her to an allergist and have all of the tests done if you think she has an allergy because they can give you drops that help build up their immunity to them so over time it isn't severe.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog. That is too funny that your daughter loves Baby Mozart. My kids, on the other hand, are obsessed with Lady Gaga. Is that wrong?! Haha, I will keep checking back and leaving comments and hope you will do the same! Take care! xo