| Really, do you know how long I've waited for Lily to snack so I could buy snack cups too!? |
I realized the other day that Lily is now saying 2 word phrases. She's always said little things like "bless you," things that go to together, or that we teach together. Now she is saying "Up, please" and "Mama Read." She is talking up a storm and frequently makes sentences with some made up words but sentences nonetheless! She's also been putting things together like when I said we were going to Nana's, she said "Go? Carseat?" And when we were going to Papa's she asked me about the swing (Papa put her a swing up in his backyard.)
I am totally and utterly amazed everyday but how much she understands, how much she listens and how much she really soaks in. I really REALLY REALLY need to start watching my mouth when I'm upset. Lily can tell on me now ;-)
We finally bought Lily a potty!! We're not set on potty training yet but we wanted her to get used to it and now that she's talking so much, I think she may be ready soon. My thought process with PT is that she needs to understand words, and explanations. She sees me go often and knows what a potty is. We just need to explain what it's used for! I sat her on it today after lunch and she got a big kick out of opening and closing the lid and getting up and sitting back down on it.
Lily is COUNTING. She already knows her letters (not the alphabet but her actual letters) and numbers. Now she is starting to count from 1-9. We're working on 1-2-3. But my little girl is so smart, yesterday we were in the car and Dennis was entertaining her while I was driving. This is how it went and both of our jaws dropped to the floor!
Dennis: 1, 2
Lily: 3
Dennis 4
Lily: 5, 6
Dennis 7
Lily 8, 9
And then she did a whole little mix of 9, 8, 4, 8 etc etc. We were so amazed!! Not sure if it was a fluke or not but she definitely knows her numbers and letters like a pro now!!
Who needs preschool!?


haha!! That's great. Glad she is eating more and that she is talking like crazy too. All of that mommy time is doing her good too (Mine never went to preschool and did great!!!)
ReplyDeleteThat is such great news! Go Lily!
ReplyDelete