Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 2, 2011

Tonight.

After I put Lily Belle to bed tonight (an hour early because she refused to nap today!) Dennis sighed and said, "I just hope everything goes smooth tonight."

I smiled and just thought to myself, it's not like she hasn't skipped a nap before? Or maybe he's thinking about the peeing, crying for water, running through PJs and sheets - the sodium stuff.

So finally I just said, "huh? Why?"

And he reminded me. A full year ago Lily had her seizure in the middle of the night. 

I knew it was coming up. We had planned to celebrate it - not the diagnosis or the horrible, heart-wrenching ordeal we went through this past year but the triumph of every goal met, every milestone checked off the list. We wanted to celebrate health and happiness with our friends and family. But, unfortunately we are moving way too soon. So, we've decided to postpone our celebration and have a party for LB and a housewarming party all in one. 

So it's not like it snuck up on me. But, in a way - it did.

I'm too tired tonight to go into anything deep and I think I'll put off remembering everything until tomorrow. This whole week will lead to a lot of memories. The seizure, the trips to all 3 major hospitals in the triangle, the tests, the diagnosis, the falling-apart-build-back-up moments, my first mothers day in the hospital, etc etc etc. I think it's okay to remember, and acknowledge but I will try my hardest not to let it get me down, but to look at it as something that has made me and my family, especially my little trooper, so much stronger. I can find the silver lining in this anniversary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment