Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Coffee Emergency

We went and got Lily's blood drawn twice yesterday to check her sodium levels. Her first morning was 143 which is not high but it's not great either. I thought it would've been higher with the way she's been acting but I also reminded our Ped that she had 6oz formula AND 7oz water in the middle of the night to keep it down, which it didn't. 
Then we went and wasted time at the mall and went back 3.5 hours later to recheck the sodium since we had given her DDAVP after the first. It was 142 which is not okay. It should have gone lower than just one point. So I put a call in to our Endo so we could work all this out. Hopefully she calls me back today because last night was a disaster and I really don't want to have to keep doing this.

Last night. *sigh*
Last night I didn't get more than 2 hour stretches of sleep at a time. And most times I was up every hour and a half.

First off, remember that I changed her medicine time. Someone needs to remind her of that, because she is still waking up right at midnight and she's inconsolable. The night before she would just cry, scream, throw her back out. Finally I gave her some ibuprofen and handed her what was supposed to be her 3am bottle. It turns out that's what she wanted. So last night when she got up screaming at 12 I asked her what she wanted and thankfully she pointed to the table which means something to drink. I am inclined to think that she is hungry and not so much thirsty because her diaper is bone dry (thanks DDAVP!) so she shouldn't be so thirsty, but who knows.
Then she was up again around 1:30 just for snuggles (I probably should've let this one CIO...) and then she was up again at 2:30. This time I gave her her meds, 30 minutes early, which I don't even blink at anymore. It used to scare me and make me awful when I would give her meds early just so I could sleep. She was also pointing to the table again and so I gave her the water then. 
Then up again at 4:30, again for snuggling (which basically mean she's just sleep-crying but almost screaming and I stumble my way into her room, pick her up, snuggle, and lay her back down) and again I should have let her CIO for this one too but my head is so wrapped up in thinking she's either soaked, needing water or somethings wrong. She again started crying at 6:30 but I was so out of it that I actually turned down the monitor and let her CIO and she went back to sleep until around 7:15. 

So basically...I'm exhausted and something has to change. 

I am praying to the coffee Gods this morning.

And we have our EI coming this morning so I need to actually get up and get the house picked up and get showered...ugh. 


No comments:

Post a Comment