Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, May 20, 2011

House

I'm back! It's been a hectic week since we moved into our new home. Moving, as always, was a pain in the butt. We moved on a Friday so there weren't many people to help us move (Thanks Stacey, Justin and Bob!) To be honest though even if we had moved on a Saturday there wouldn't have been many people to help us just...that's a topic for another blog entry.

Anyway, the house is amazing! We are so happy and know that we made the right choice. The other two houses that fell through were definitely meant to fall through. We get to live in Raleigh but we're out in the country. When we moved in we drove to our house and there were at least 3 old men in three different houses sitting outside on their front porches, rocking on their rocking chairs. And farms and garden patches! It's how I grew up so it makes me really happy to be able to raise Lily like this. We're also super close to anything we need. 5 minutes from I540, 10 minutes from the grocery stores, 15 minutes from the nearest library (which is pretty new, HUGE and the drive there is just plain gorgeous!)

Our sellers were amazing. They left us a bottle of wine and brought us some cookies. They even included a card saying congratulations and they hope we make many memories in our new home. It seemed like they were genuinely happy for us! We have to remember to pay that forward when we do sell this house...which won't be for a very long time!
They also took really good care of the house. I believe they got it professionally cleaned and everything was updated and we really have nothing to change. Well...except that there is this bright yellow room that I can't stand. Right now it's the study/guest/extra boxes room so it doesn't need to be painted right away but I definitely want to paint it sometime. And then Lily's room is white. Ugh. I have lived in enough apartments and rentals that I am just itching to paint the white walls in her room. But...they left some sticky decals up and I am having trouble getting the sticky residue off. I tried goo-gone and it got off some but not all of it. Jill suggested the magic eraser so I might get that and try it this weekend. I'll let you know how that goes ;-)
In the meantime I'm going to try and make Lily's room more...Lily-ish. We're painting it "lavender quartz" which is like a pinky-lavender. I'm also looking for butterflies and flowers to decorate her room. We didn't really have a theme with her old room, which I'm still fine with but I just want to make it more to something that she'll enjoy.

Speaking of Lily, she's doing great! It took her a few days to adjust to the new place (and to the fact that I left her with other people for almost a full day while we moved!) There was at least two sleepless nights but now it seems like she's settling in because she's sleeping much better. We're still getting up to change diapers, at least 2-3 a night, and she's drinking 6oz formula or soy milk at midnight with her medicine and then 7oz water around 3 or 4am with a diaper change.
She's eating better now that I'm not stressing as much. Lunch is still her best yet and she's been trying new foods but she seems to really like cheese, chicken deli meat, anything I'm eating(!) and chips. She's recently stopped liking fruit, unfortunately but I every now and then I can sneak in some banana or just give her a juice that is loaded with good fruity vitamins.

I'll update more later but Miss Belle is begging for my attention. Enjoy your weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on moving in to the beautiful new house!!!! How awesome does it sound??? And what wonderful sellers. So happy for you and your family. :)

    ReplyDelete