Last year we were still in the hospital come Mother's day. My first one. Oh, how depressing. So when Dennis came to me a couple of days ago and said, "I give up, I have no idea what you want for Mother's day! You haven't dropped any hints..." And, gracious, Poor Dennis...I just broke down and cried. Wailing about last year and how this year is a big Mother's day for me. I really thought he'd had this whole thing planned out. But, to be honest - I'm not a crazy nuthead and have been asking ever since Lillian was born for a mother's necklace with Lily's name and birthstone on it.
And this year I got it!
My sister, Amy, also sent my mom and I Godiva chocolates which we have ravaged throughout the weekend! And Stacey, my other sister, also got my mom and I a spa package that we can all go and do together! Being a Mom rocks!!
Dennis took us out to brunch at my favorite breakfast place, Brigs. And I was surprised with even more gifts, this time from Lily Belle. Lily ate so amazingly well that it almost brought tears to my eyes! She had a full jar of stage 2 apples and cereal (which lately she has been refusing all fruit purees and any fruit pieces) and then when we got our food she had:
scrambled eggs
pancake
french toast (with syrup!)
corned beef hash (just potato pieces)
a tiny piece of bacon just for her to try
and strawberries!
Of course all of this was very small pieces but she picked almost all of it up off the table on her own and fed herself. And she pointed for more and more and more and more. We started worrying she'd explode all of the restaurant so we tried to not give her anymore but she was pretty adamant about getting more eggs and such. She even put down her water one time to shove more eggs and pancakes in her mouth! (Lunch is by far the best meal of the day. She ate like this at the mexican restaurant Mom and I went to the other day. That day she had a bit of refried beans, some taco meat, cheese, chips and a full jar of chicken noodle - stage 2.)
And it didn't end there. At nap time she played for about an hour at which time I went in to see her and picked her up for a quick hug. She was holding onto me pretty tight so I decided to rock for a few minutes and was rewarded with a snuggly baby that promptly fell asleep in my arms and slept for 2.5 hours :-)
AND THEN, at dinner...
she.ate.
Not only did she eat, but she ate a full jar of apples and chicken (chicken is her favorite!) and tried and got down some bites of cracker and a few pieces of cheese.
It was by far the best mother's day gift I ever could have asked for especially with all the hard times we've been having with eating lately and of course, where we were last year.
I feel incredibly blessed and just so full of happiness and love for the little things in my life like a sweet daughter that ate two meals for me today and a husband that let me sleep in, took me AND my mom AND sister out to brunch :-)
Plus, WE GET THE KEYS TO OUR NEW HOUSE THURSDAY! AHHHH!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment