Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Who would've thought...

I know this type of thinking is not healthy nor is it in any way productive...But, it pops into my head multiple times a day. Sometimes I just shrug it off. Sometimes I laugh it off. Sometimes I just cry. And sometimes I get really angry.

What type of thinking am I talking about?
The dangerous, "Who would've thought..." type thinking.

For example, when we got Lily's medical bracelet I looked at Dennis and said, "Who would've thought we'd ever have to order a medical bracelet let alone one for our 1 year old daughter."
Who would've thought our one year old daughter would need glasses.
Or that we'd know so much about a damn pituitary gland, or lack thereof.
Or that visual therapy would be the norm in our house.
Or that packages would land on our doorstep full of medication.
Or that feeding a toddler would be so damn frustrating - oh wait, That's kind of normal, right? Maybe not in the way we deal with it, but I'm thinking feeding a toddler is probably hard for almost everyone. And shut your mouth if it's not.

It brings to mind a  few lines in a song my dear friend, Kate, sent me (that I posted on here before.)


"We will be strong, but we will still break.
We’ll live through so much more than we could take."

"There will be prayers that we never thought we’d pray."


No comments:

Post a Comment