Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, April 15, 2011

Please.

[A lighter version of Pray these days.]


Lily Belle says so many words these days that I'm now trying to actually teach her things that will be helpful down the road. Our big ones are "excuse me" especially followed with "Layla" because she is constantly using that poor dog as a stepping stool.
Our next one comes from Kate, again. "Help" Because I am constantly telling Lily, You can do this if you try it and if you can't do it the first time, it's okay. If you need help, all you have to do is ask and I will help you.
And lastly, these days, we're working on "Please." I let on that please can be used instead of help if needed.
She's not really catching on yet but hey, she's picked up "thank you" and "bless you" easily and I'm pretty sure it's because we use it all the time.

So, what does this have to do with praying? I'll tell you.
We are still dealing with not-eating issues. The GI thinks her medicine is wearing off by breakfast and that's why she refuses to eat even though it's her longest period of not eating (8hrs.) So we switched her prilosec time to 4pm and what did she do yesterday?
She refused to eat dinner.
And no breakfast this morning.
And no lunch today.
Dinner, which is usually great, was a couple of bites of purees and a few tries of some table food (hard boiled egg, cheese, puffs, etc) Most ended up in her highchair but I was happy with her at least trying things.

Anyways, I was explaining please again for some Mom-reason and I said something along the lines of, "Please try some hard boiled egg. Please just try it. Please eat." And then I think I had a mini-breakdown (so common again these days...) and just looked up and said, "PLEASE. Some help would be nice. I feel like I'm falling apart here and not getting anywhere productive and I feel like I've tried everything within my limits. So. It's up.to.you."
I then looked at Lily and said, "See, Mommy can't do this all on her own and I'm at my wits end with all of this since everything I try doesn't work. I am now asking someone more powerful, more patient, just overall MORE than me to please help."

And she did try try the hardboiled egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment