Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Putting me at the top of the list

I can never again say that I will be #1 because as a mother your child always takes precedence over you. But, I'm tired of being at the bottom of my list. I'm tired of putting myself and my health and happiness last.
So. I've been trying really hard to put myself at the top of the list. I've been watching what I eat. I don't mean dieting, but eating more produce, less junk, watching my salt and drinking more water. I've been exercising at least 20 minutes a day, which compared to a big fat zero minutes before, well 20 minutes is amazing. I've been deep breathing and doing yoga and pilates and really, I feel so much better.
I've felt like a basketcase the past couple of months. Going from very angry, to very depressed, to just okay. I'm sure that the coming of Spring has helped a lot and I'm even trying to take advantage of the sunshine and getting out with Lily at least once a day and soaking up the rays.
I know I'll still have hard days. I know I'll still break down and cry and be a basketcase and eat a huge bowl of ice cream. But, at least now I feel like it's a choice and not a necessity. I still break down and cry at almost every meal but I don't feel like it's overwhelming and consuming me.
I guess, overall, I'm just trying to be positive and to take care of myself. It's making life a lot happier and sunnier and I suggest you trying the same!

1 comment:

  1. My "me" time is the hour or so that I block off at night to read...you gotta have something for yourself or you will go crazy! I'm also trying to get in a regular habit of doing my bible study before my day gets hectic as a way to stay centered!

    All you can do is take things day by day...so, take care of yourself, too! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete