Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ahhn

In addition to polite words we are also trying to teach Lily Belle about "ON" and "OFF." Of course, you usually teach your child about this with a light switch and Dennis has been doing that for months now. But, Grandpa Pilarczyk brought beads from down south and so we have been using dress up as a way to teach and she's caught on!
Now when she picks up a beaded necklace she says, "Ahhn!" I don't think she's learned "Off" yet but that might be because she's so content with leaving them on.
Just the other day she found her medical bracelet on the table and brought it to me while saying "ahhn ahhn!" I was beyond amazed :-)

As for our other updates. We're still working on breakfast. We slowly got lunch and dinner back up to 1-2 jars instead of bites after changing her prilosec time. This morning for breakfast I waiting longer (fed her at 9am) and distracted her with a lot of toys and I got about 5 bites of pureed fruit in before the head shaking started.
It's slow, frustrating, heartbreaking work but we're trying to be patient and hopeful at every meal. I wake up every morning thinking, "Today is going to be the day she eats 3 meals." And it's hard when it's not and you have to convince yourself that "Tomorrow. Tomorrow will be the day she will eat 3 meals."
I have found that, like her Mama, she likes potatoes! We found this out while we were eating potato casserole (potatoes mashed with sour cream, cheese and deliciousness and then baked with cheese on top!) She had tons of bites of that and kept saying "mmm" and pointing for more. Yesterday I made onion roasted potatoes and gave her a bite and again she "mmm'd" and pointed for more even after she had over 2 jars of food for dinner! Crazy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment