So.
I am going to make a list of the things that are making me happy right now.
1. I spent my first night away from Lily Belle last night. 16 months of never leaving her side and you know what, everyone survived and it really wasn't all that bad!! I wouldn't want to make a habit of it but it's nice to know that I can survive. I can do it.
2. I had an amazing (amazingly drunk) fun filled night with two of my very best friends in the world!
3. I have figured out that Lily doesn't want me to rock her to sleep for nap time anymore. So I now rock and read her a story while she has some milk and then I snuggle and say, okay it's nap time! Love you, sleep well. And I let her work it out herself. Sometimes she naps. Sometimes she doesn't. I'm still getting used to it, to be honest, and if she's not napping I usually still go in and try to rock her to sleep. Or if she's crying mega hard.
But today, I laid her down. She played for a good 30 minutes (which felt like ages!) and then all of a sudden she's asleep. Just like that. No mean mommy, no frustrated yelling (from me) why won't you sleep! It was very peaceful and....easy.
4. I'm doing yoga! I did yoga/pilates 5 days this week! I actually do this right when I put Lily down for a nap so it distracts me for a solid 30 minutes. I feel better about myself and I feel more peaceful, as cheesy as that sounds. I want to try really hard to keep up with it. Just 30 minutes a day.
5. Lime popcorn. Ah. So freaking good.
6. This precious being is all mine and every time I think that I start singing "Mine" by Martina McBride. "Everyone calls you amazing. But I just call you mine."



When I finally started doing the same thing for Peyton's naps, it made a world of difference. I gave up constantly trying to bounce her or rock her, it just frustrated me. When I started a mini routine like yours and gave in to the fact that my baby didn't want me to rock and cuddle her anymore (after a lot of tears on my part) and just told her I loved her and it was time to sleep and put her down, it helped so much. Sometimes she still won't sleep, but ususally she does. She still fusses before she drifts off in the afternoon, but as long as I know she's not hurt and she's ok I just take the monitor, sit on the patio, turn the volume down (not all the way), and relax.
ReplyDelete