So when I had Lily I hoped that she would find something equivalent to my blanket. I learned these were called "Lovie's" and that some babies don't ever have one! How heartbreaking to me, a blanket-loving-wish-it-was-still-in-tact kind of girl.
I've bought her blankets and stuffed animals and all kinds of little things in hopes that she would attach to it. My dad bought her a frog (from the princess and the frog) and that was a big hopeful because she would snuggle it and kiss it but never bring it anywhere.
And then I started seeing on the video monitor which stuffed animal she would go to each morning.
A soft, pink stuffed bear with "My first teddy" stitched on it's little paw. Funny enough, also from dad! He bought it for Lily when she was born and still in the hospital. I think Lily really likes the ribbon around its neck because she's always fingering it. But she also loves the snuggly size.
This morning she picked "pinky" up, as I've named her (original, right?) and handed her to me as I got Lily out of her crib. I asked her if she wanted to put her back in the crib when we were about to head downstairs and she made a quick lunge for pinky and snuggled her so I decided to bring her down and she is currently watching Mickey Mouse while holding onto her still :-)
![]() |
| My Heart is so Happy :) |



So precious!! I hope she gets attached for you. :) (And Madeline has a similar bear with a similar name: "Pink Bear.") Ha ha!
ReplyDeleteMy lovie (but we never called it that) was a teddy bear as well (Theodore Edward Bear..."Ted E Bear" or Ted for short), but just a simple brown bear. I too carried him everywhere and there's spots of fur missing where I would have him clutched underneath my arm at night or when moving around the house. Went on every vacation with me; however, sometimes I forgot him which was most traumatic; he went through FedEx and/or UPS 3 times! He sits on my dresser nowadays. :)
ReplyDelete