Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 6, 2011

House Hunting

So far we have been on two field trips to see houses and were actually successful in both! The first search was in Wake Forest and we found a suitable house there. But, when I got home I googled directions to our favorite or much needed places specifically our pediatricians office, UNC hospital and my Mom's house. I almost started crying. It's too far. Before we started looking we thought we could live anywhere because we're very adaptable and if we make an effort to see our friends and vice versa then we could make it work. Plus, we were thinking we'd get more house and more land if we looked further away from Raleigh but, that doesn't seem to be the case.
So. Wake Forest is out.
Our second search took us to Durham and Holly Springs, which for those readers not familiar with NC, are on either side of Raleigh. I was excited to look in Durham because I could hop on I-40 and get anywhere, especially UNC. But we were pretty disappointed in the houses there. There was one potential but after looking Holly Springs, I think it's out.
We looked at a few houses in Holly Springs and were happy with two of them. Holly Springs is a super cute town that's up in coming. It's very close to Cary and lots of shopping, and a hop, skip and jump to get on 440/40. The house we fell in love with is very close to Main Street which looks newly renovated and super cutesy. It has a library right beside town hall (again, cute!) When we drove into the neighborhood I looked at Den and said, this is awesome! There were kids riding bikes, moms pushing strollers, and then two doors down from the house we looked at was a basketball game going on, like I said, awesome! 
The house is bigger than I thought we would get for our first house. It's wide open, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, backyard, fireplace, spacious lot. It looks like a great place to raise Lily and bring along #2, whenever that comes about. 

But, we're still fairly new to looking around so we're going to do a couple more searches and make sure we don't jump into anything too fast. But this one in Holly Springs is definitely on the top of our list right now which is really exciting :) 

2 comments:

  1. I am envious of your house hunting as you've just started and we've been at it since january, but trying to get ours ready to list is holding things up. Sounds like you've found a winner though! Good luck with your continued search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, what a fun time!!! Pictures??

    ReplyDelete