But then there are times too when I think, Hurry up and get over this. I'd gladly fast forward to get past this. Well, fast forwarding might be a bit dramatic. With everything in life there is a negative to the positive. There's a long list of this too such as, teething, inability to tell me when something is wrong or what she wants, and the dreaded syringe washing.
Yes. You read that right. This whole entry is about me washing syringes. Oral syringes.
We have a plethora (good word, eh?) of oral syringes. By the way, You're welcome CVS, for the plug.
Some are from the hospital. Most from Pharmaceutical specialties where we get our medicines compounded all the way from Georgia. Obviously, most are from CVS too where we get our other medicine that has to be compounded every morning by yours truly.
Yes. I will gladly throw these all away and hand my daughter pills to swallow. Who cares about all the compounding and the specialty pharmacies we need for such procedures. I hate the cleaning.
We go through 4 in the morning, and then 4 more at night, at least. So at night, or sometimes the next day there are EIGHT syringes for me to wash. Everyday. Which means rinsing, pushing water through, and letting dry. Yeah, doesn't sound like much but do it 8 times over and every.day. and then see how you feel.
So, daughter of mine, I am in no hurry for you to grow up. But, could you please figure out how to swallow pills so we can stop this insanity?
Just something else to look forward to, right?


I put mine through the dishwasher in one of those things that is for small pieces like bottle nipples. Is that not sanitary? (Don't tell me if it isn't!) The only thing is that the labels eventually wash off, but if you have a plethora, then maybe you are fully stocked!
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain on this one... I remember pumping while I was working and it was such a pain to try to keep everything clean at the times we needed to use them. This too shall pass. :) Hang in there !
ReplyDelete