Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, March 25, 2011

Bad day

I'm sitting in my PJs. I'm contemplating putting on a Disney movie despite the Disney channel being on all morning. I'm watching my daughter chug her second big cup of milk because she refuses to eat again and we lost another house.

Being stuck in my PJs seems to be the only silver lining of today. That and it's cloudy and unusually cold out which fits my mood perfectly.

Whoever said it's a buyers market obviously lied. And really, if one more person says that to me they better duck because I'll start swingin'.
This is our second house, second offer, second seller that has straight up refused to even negotiate on a counter-offer. So again, we're walking. This house is was great. In a great neighborhood, move in ready but with a bad back yard that has a 100-year flood easement in it. So it doesn't have everything we want and it's at the top of our price range and it's worth walking away, not bending over backwards, especially when the sellers are even willing to meet us in the middle.
Assholes.

So, we're back to searching.
Again.

But we have decided to keep our search closer to family and stay in Raleigh. Hopefully.

My other dark cloud today? Lily not eating. Between the swollen, red gums showing that her left bottom molar is coming in and the stomach bug from hell she is refusing to eat. She grimaces, puts her hands up in front of her mouth and shakes her head. The only good thing is that she is drinking still so I'm pumping her full of juice and formula.
But, she's losing weight again.
All the moms at playgroup that happily exclaimed over her cute buddha belly - it was a juice belly. No food in it at all unless you count one measly cheerio.
Which I don't.
And I hate that again, we were on the right track and again we're having to take 3 steps backwards which means again, we'll have to almost start over and work tripley (not a word, right?) as hard to get her back up to 20lbs.

She is working on walking. She refuses to do it most times but just this morning she took about 8 steps between me and Nana across the whole living room. So that's something. I'm trying to get her to do it more often and to get it on video.

Right now my little booger doesn't feel good and is sitting on my lap with her head leaning on my chest. That's enough for me to categorize this whole day as a bad day.

2 comments:

  1. What does your agent say about them not willing to negotiate? I'm sorry this one didn't work out; I know it's disappointing. :-/

    And I hope LB feels better tomorrow

    Hehe tripley...maybe thrice as hard? Haha sounds so old English

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is not cool that people are not willing to negotiate... but whenever things don't quite work out to the way I thought I really wanted... I just try to tell myself, It wasn't meant to be. There's a house out there for you guys but you just haven't found it yet. :)

    ReplyDelete