Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

All over update

Stylish Toddler
I find it harder and harder to update as frequently as I did. Lily is all over the place and is so close to walking (still) that I know it will happen any day and gracious, I'll be in trouble then! She is curious and gets into everything. I feel like my new phrase besides "not nice" is "do not touch" as in, "Lily, that is a do not touch!" She knows what it means but sometimes she just looks back at me with one finger on the item in question (usually the laptop.)
She has been hitting a lot of milestones lately. I don't keep up with them so much anymore but these are pretty big. She says and actually knows her first color: Purple! I am so proud :-) She picked up my phone and handed it to me saying, "phone" and then "purple" (and yes, my phone is purple) without any prompting, so that's amazing!
She's also been putting the rings back on the ring holder which is another amazing skill. She gets a little frustrated but she's pretty patient and I cheat and help her along when I see her start to get frustrated.

Another new project we took back up is making homemade baby food purees. Lily is going through about 4-5 jars of stage 2's a day and I just can't justify buying that much baby food! So far this is what I've got in my freezer:
Sweet potatoes
Broccoli (a new food she still hasn't tried yet!)
Edamame (Side note: This does not puree very well...and it's not that tasty....)
Peaches
Pears
Corn
Strawberries
Carrots

We're definitely running out of room in the freezer! I use natural jarred applesauce instead of making my own, smush up a banana when needed and peel and sautee a tomato in EVOO when needed, usually for lunch. I have yet to freeze tomato and really it takes no time to peel it and sautee it up for her. She loves tomato and will usually eat a whole one for lunch. It cooks down a whole lot so it's not as big as you think.
We've also started transitioning LB to regular soy milk. Right now and for the next week, we're doing half formula, half soy milk. She seems to be taking it fine. Though she's got the snot nose so milk isn't the drink of choice for her these days.

On the medical front. We're a bit worried about LB's blood sugar. I've been checking it every morning and have found it consistently in the 60's and once even a 52!!! This is even with 4+ ounces of milk at 11-12pm and usually a cup of juice around 4-5am. So something is not right and she's not holding her blood sugar up for very long. During the day she eats and drinks so often that it seems stable and in the 80-90s which is more normal for her. I placed a call to Endo this morning so we can decide what to do from here.
I also made her ophthalmology appointment!! It's April 1st at 11am. I'm excited to see what he has to say and if we'll be able to do any patching or what not. Our visual "therapist" at GMP is going to write up a little report for Dr. Wright to see since he spends about oh, a maximum of 10 minutes with her. I'm also going to bring some pictures in that show her wonk eye in case it's not being very wonky at the appointment.
We have Lily's 15 month well baby check up tomorrow so we're looking forward to that, but of course not to the vaccines. It's always a treat to see our pediatrician, especially when it's when Lily's healthy and not sick!

Another thing, medical wise, is that with the time change and thus Lily's sleep schedule change, we've had to adjust our medicine times slightly. So Jill, this is for you!
We've change our times only an hour forward, just like time change.
8am:
DDAVP
Hydrocortisone
Levothyroxine
Prevacid

4pm:
Hydrocortisone

8pm:
DDAVP
HGH Shot (which by the way, insurance made us switch our pen, AGAIN, and it's awful. I know it will take some time for me to get used to it but it sucks right now. And I hate that we have to buy it every two weeks. LAME.)

12am:
Hydrocortisone
(And yes, for those of you who know me, this means that I have to set an alarm and get up at midnight to give medicine and milk...boo.)

So that's my update for today. All over the place, just like my life lately!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like LB is starting to eat a lot better! Good!!! :) Cute picture! I wish B would keep sunglasses on. Stinker!

    ReplyDelete