Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Potty Training Day 2

This chart about sums it up:


Seriously. I am amazed by how Lily Belle has jumped on the potty train. She has gone in the potty every single time I've put her on it today and a few times all by herself! We only had a few set backs (which I don't even really count) 
First one was going out in public. We had music class and LB loves it so much that we couldn't afford to miss it. Especially since Wednesday is my longest day with Den going from work to class until 9pm! So, LB peed before we left and I explained that while she is wearing a cloth diaper she still needs to pee in the potty. Listen, my girl is logical so talking to her is the best path to take with her. We made it to class dry, tried the potty ("Miss Susan's potty") with nothing. Made it through class and at the last song she peed in the diaper. No big deal though!
The second whoopsies was #2 related. I have yet to contemplate or talk about #2 on the potty yet. I hear it's harder to do and I like to take things (#)1 thing at a time :) So again, not really a set back in my book.

Nap time was with a diaper and even though she peed before nap, she still woke with a full diaper and a #2 surprise. 

Seriously, I did warn you about how I will be putting everything on this blog just so I don't spill over into facebook ;) Much love to those that stick it out with me these next few weeks :)

I am insanely proud of LB for doing so well with peeing on the potty these past few days. I never once thought potty training could or should be done in a day or three days like some people pin about (guilty, but it's not for us.) I think this is going to be an ongoing learning process for both of us. And god help us on our first "thirsty" day when the sodium goes all bonkers again...
I kept writing Den about it all and he wrote back "it can't be this easy" in which I replied "Telling LB to pee every 15 minutes is not easy" Relax, babe, I know you didn't mean it that way ;-) But seriously, it's not a cake walk. The moment I take my mind off peeing, the moment an accident happens. 
I also reminded Den that we have yet to tackle any of the really hard stuff like:
#2
Public Potties
Panties
Night time/Nap time

*shudder* One thing at a time, right!? For now we will definitely mark this day in the WIN category! 

Oh and I also went out and got LB 2 "training diapers" for public use. These cloth trainers are like underwear but can be stuffed (like pocket diapers) in the early days for bigger accident and then be used like panties for more advanced days. They have snaps at the sides but slide up and down easily like underwear. I could only afford 2 of them but we will only be using them out in public. Wish us luck when we venture out with that!! Yikes. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment