We have guest coming this weekend (Uncle Scotty and Lindsey!) so I wanted to get a jump on my father's day blog post. I'll try not to get too sappy about it all because that's just not how Den rolls - that's all me - I have enough sap for the both of us!
But really. Where should I start? From the beginning? I remember Den being so nervous holding his fragile baby girl. He was always so gentle with her, afraid he would jostle her too much or make her cry - and what new dad wants to make their newborn daughter cry!? I remember laying in the hospital bed and watching Den pace back and forth, itching to go see his daughter in the special care nursery. He went and saw her more than I did (guilty-face, though in reality, I had just had major surgery!)
I won't dwell on the bad days but it needs to be noted that Den was a wonderful rock. A constant strength beside me. Even his tears after we were told the diagnosis was a relief and comfort to me. Another soul on this earth that was feeling the same loss and pain as me. And even to this day, when others do not understand, he is there.
Okay, holding back the tears, so moving on!
Den and Lily Belle are best friends. There's no other way to describe the overwhelming joy I have when I hear them laughing together - something they do A LOT!
He is a great teacher, whether it is the difference between a socket wrench and screwdriver or how to kick a soccer ball. He gets up off the couch after working all day just to play in the playroom because LB asks him to. [he only grumbles a little bit!]
I think the most important thing he does as a father is that he makes time for her. Always. No matter what.
And you can tell how much this little girl loves her daddy. She gladly sits down [for a moment] to watch whatever sport Den is currently fascinated with - soccer, football, baseball, basketball, hockey! She happily cheers on Daddy's teams. She smiles and runs to the door when he gets home from work. She enjoys doing things that he has taught her - playing with tools, shooting hoops, splashing like a mad woman in the tub.
We are two lucky girls in this world to have a husband and father like Den and we are so thankful that he puts his whole heart and soul into this family. There is not a day that goes by that I don't thank a higher power for bringing us together and blessing us with Lily Belle. For showing me how strong, dependable and loving is. Not a day goes by that I don't see the sacrifices he makes for our family or the long, hard days of work he puts in at the office, only to come home to immediately play with LB and then jump right back into more work at home. We see it, Den, and we appreciate every thing that you do for us! We love you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I tell everyone that being a mother is so much easier if there is a good daddy going through the parenthood trenches with you! You're blessed to have such a wonderful hubby and daddy for LB :) (I'm blessed, too, because I'd be lost with Chuck!)
ReplyDeleteI hope you guys have a great weekend!