I might be crazy but I feel like I need to start teaching LB responsibility, the earlier the better.
It started with her iPad apps. Oi. She wanted "new game" every other day and while we mostly get free apps we do occasionally splurge on a paid app. So I figured a chore chart will teach her not only responsibility but how she has to "work" for little things she loves to do. We'll see how it goes. Right now she needs help with all of the chores but I know someday she won't since we're teaching her so early.
We're starting small with 4 chores: Feed Layla, Put away toys [at the end of the day or when done playing with them], Potty, and Good Choices. Yes, that last one kind of covers a lot but I'm constantly reminding her to "make good choices" when she's about to break into a full blown tantrum, kicking/hitting, or when she is debating whether to throw a fit or not. About 60% of the time I can say "make good choices" and she thinks about it and usually does - so hopefully the chore chart will help bump up that percentage ;-)
 |
| Chore #1: Feed Layla. This just screams toddler to me :) |
 |
The chore chart complete with her first sticker!
|
 |
| "Put away toys. Feed Layla. Potty. Good choices" |
No comments:
Post a Comment