Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Potty Training Day 1

I am crazy.

Officially.

I have decided to start potty training. And I learned a few things my first day.

1. It might be easier to potty train LB during "break through" times - ie when her ddavp is starting to wear off. Then she wants to drink and pee more.

2. TV/Ipad games and potty training do not mix. Anytime I needed "me time" (cleaning the kitchen, checking the email, etc) I usually would sit LB with the ipad or with a show on TV but LB was so engrossed with her games or TV that she peed on the towel I had her sitting on. This happened twice.

3. The novelty of potty training has worn off and I am already tired of potty talk :P haha

4. But when she does go potty there is such triumph in that moment that I totally forget the 30 other times I sat her on the potty with no success.

5. I'm not even thinking about night time training but when it does cross my mind - it terrifies me! yikes.

Day 1 is almost over and the tally is this:
- 2 disposables (1 for night time, one for nap)
- 1 used cloth (early this morning before we officially started)
- 1 dry cloth (we used to go get my oil changed this morning - she was dry the whole time!)
- 2 accidents (on the towel. 1 with the ipad while I was making lunch and the other while watching Mickey while I checked my email - guilty!)
- 1 pee on the potty that I caught mid-pee (While playing with playdoh I hear an "uh oh" so I grabbed her, put on the potty and she did a full pee!)
- 2 full pee potty's (ie me sitting her on there and her going on her own for a full pee!)

Not too shabby!


P.S. I'm trying not to share too much "potty" talk on FB so be forewarned I will be sharing it on here :-)
Ipad Games on the towel while I make lunch
Activity #2 provided about 5 minutes of fun
Baby booty!!! My naked artist :) 
End of the day - tired of sitting in the bathroom so I brought the potty out to watch some Tv (and she did pee on it while out here - on her own!!) 

1 comment:

  1. Ha, the baby booty pic made me laugh!

    We haven't begun potty training here! I think we're close to being ready like he's grabbing at his diaper when he pees and is going to his play room to poop for privacy...I'm just not ready, lol...

    ReplyDelete