Every summer we go down to dirty Myrtle for as long as we can. This time Lily Belle and I ended up staying for the entire week. Daddy came down for a few days but sadly, had to get back to work. We all needed a break from the normal routine and a much needed relaxing vacation. I think LB is at the age where vacations are much less stressful and a lot more fun. She still has problems entertaining herself. I'm hopeful a sibling will help with that in a few years ;-) But it was nice having my mom and sister down to add to the helping hands - we each rotated who sat and read on the beach and who built sand castles and played in the water with LB. It was a nice system, one that I don't think will work out next summer with a 6 month old!
Lily's schedule was all out of whack but we've carried over a big change into our regular days: going to bed around 8pm, with night time meds (no wake up for meds or diaper changes!!) and waking up around 6:30 - this is a bit weird because she's going longer than 8hrs at night, but right now it seems to work really well for us. I think most of this PHP thing is clinical, meaning whatever works best for your child is what you should go with. This seems to work for now so we'll stick with it. It's important for her to get her sleep and she's not been overly wet in the morning so I know her body can go that long without problems.
As for the action on vacation, let the pictures say the words! We spent most of our days playing in the sand, surf and bumming around. Pure Pleasure!
 |
| A cup of coffee to start the first day of vacation off right! |
 |
| Lily's first ice cream cone! |
 |
| Tasting some of Mommy's chocolate ice cream |
 |
| Mint chocolate chip like Daddy! |
 |
| My sweetness. She slept great there despite all the noise of MB! |
 |
| Breakfast on the balcony with the sunshine :) |
 |
| I can't believe how tall and big she looks!! |
 |
| Feet in the sand and a happy girl by my side ;) |
 |
| Our annual MB family photo! |
 |
| She's so much GIRL and so less BABY! I can't believe my eyes! |
Allie, Would you be interested in joining a MOPS group? E-mail me:
ReplyDeleteLindsay047@gmail.com for more info. We'd love you to join us!