Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 1, 2013

13 Weeks

Happy 2nd Trimester! Yay! I keep poking Baby P and whispering, "You know it's the second trimester now...cut mommy a break!" Because seriously, while this has not been a hard pregnancy in the grand scheme of things, it has not been a cake walk. I keep telling myself that LB's pregnancy was super easy and she was a super hard baby (medically) and child so I'm crossing my fingers that this baby will be an angel when he or she makes their entrance. It's really the only thing I can hold onto when I'm up every hour to pee, and already having a hard time sleeping, my hips and shoulders already hurt and by the end of the day that little "bump" is 5 times that size because of gas and bloating.
wah wah wah.
I know. And I know people are probably [secretly] thinking "You wanted this! You got it!" And sometimes it's hard to not always be 100% thankful for this pregnancy - which is totally normal, I know. It makes me feel a bit guilty but I understand these are acceptable emotions, especially while riding this crazy emotional roller coaster!

Anywho, onto the fun stuff. Baby is about the size of a pea pod or average shrimp, 3 inches long! We decided to do the first trimester screening and thus got to see Baby P curled up and sleeping away safely in my womb - SO SWEET. He/She woke up and stretched, swallowed some fluid and flailed their arms and legs. So crazy cool to see. And ultrasounds are 10 times better than 4 years ago!
Everything looks great and baby is growing right on track.
I can't even begin to tell you how all the gas, bloating, exhaustion, impatience, etc goes away when you see that little baby sleeping safely inside yourself. 3 inches long and already a person to love and dream about. A little person with a brain and heart that we could already see! It is truly amazing and every time I look at baby's picture my heart just swells with love! We won't see Baby P again until August 5th but it was really great (and always a big relief) to be able to see him/her last week.

Now for the bumply questions!

How far along: 13 weeks


Total weight gain: 124, so still down a pound from regular weight.
Maternity clothes: Pants - yes. I found some great yoga maternity pants that I might just live in for the next 6 months ;-) 
Sleep: Sadly, getting harder ALREADY! I'm hoping it's just a phase but my shoulders and hips are already hurting. I'm going to try some yoga and see if that helps the pains. Naps are pretty great as I'm usually so exhausted by 1pm. 
Best moment of this week: Seeing Baby P sleeping soundly and having Lily talk to my belly "you can't come out until I'm four!" 
Miss anything: Having control over my moods and emotions! This past weekend was a doozy and I'm very sorry and thankful for my mom and Dennis handling me and those crazy moods. (It was one of those days that I just threw my hands up and started crying [in public] "I hate being in a bad mood and I can't shake it and I don't know why I'm even in a bad mood!")
Food cravings: Still cereal as it's the easiest thing to reach for when I need something quick. Baby P doesn't like me to eat a whole lot of food at once so snacks are important these days! 
Anything making you queasy or sick: No
Have you started to show yet: Yes. No more waist and even my loosest PJ pants are losing extra room. 
Gender: We'll find out August 5th :) 
Happy or moody most of the time: Pretty moody lately and I HATE IT. I feel like I have absolutely no control over my mood each day. I'm really putting a lot of energy and effort into changing that.
Looking forward to: August 5th! A week at the beach at the end of the month! Buying baby stuff - I've made a list of the things we'll need, it's not much but it's fun to look forward to :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment