Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 29, 2013

17 Weeks


Happy 17 weeks!! I've been busy growing over here, ain't no thang. I've definitely popped out the last two weeks and continue getting bigger by the day. My stomach and (sadly) thighs are itchy which means the skin is already stretching. I really need to stay on top of lotioning throughout the day! Symptoms have been less severe - less moodiness, or at least an easier time turning moods positive when needed. Less cramping, though I get twinges every now and again but I can live with that! Movements aren't as constant so I'm really looking forward to feeling baby more in upcoming weeks. 
The most exciting news is, of course, that we get to see baby P in a week from today!! I am so excited and have to will myself not to think about it. I'm so torn with predicting the gender - part of me swears it's a boy, including having dreams of a baby boy twice now. Part of me is convinced it's another girl and I'm totally okay with it. I love our girl name and it already feels like "her" so I will be thrilled either way! And there's a teeny part of me that I have to block off that is terrified of this ultrasound and the images we're really going in to see - the brain, the eyes, hopefully a peek at a lovely pituitary gland. I have to get out of my head and just know that things are what they are and we will be fine either way. It will be a huge relief to have this ultrasound done with though. It's a big one! 
In other news, I've been slowly preparing for Baby P. Nothing big yet, but I did buy Baby his/her first onesie. It was 50% off at baby gap and you can't pass that up!! It was too sweet :) It's gender neutral so good either way.


I've also pulled out the cloth diaper stash I racked up with LB. Den asked me to go through and count how many usable diapers I have so we can decide how many more we'll need. I'm tore between buying all pockets and branching out to other options. I'm also really torn between switching from microfiber (I have a TON of MF inserts which are okay but can get smelly and are, of course, synthetic) to bamboo and hemp - natural and just as good. Den would argue that we already have MF so we should stick with it but want to improve! I did go out and buy two new pockets

I love them but now that I'm toying with switching to bamboo, they might have to go back for the green bamboo dipes. I'm also wishing I was blessed with a sewing mind because I want to turn my old (HUGE) prefolds into some fitteds but that takes some talent and sadly, I am lacking in that department. I will at least attempt to cut them down so they are less bulky and hopefully I'll be able to use those with baby P! 
Lots of preparing needs to be done in the CD dept and in the nursery which is right now covered in old baby stuff and a guest bed. Luckily we still have time ;-) 


How far along: 17 weeks

Maternity clothes: I tend to grab my more comfortable shirts and definitely maternity pants. If I wear my regular yoga pants I have to roll them down underneath the belly ;-) 
Sleep: Having a tough time. I actually slept quite well at the beach though I woke up very sore each morning. My hips are taking a beating!
Best moment of this week: Buying cloth diapers and a new onesie! And starting to prepare for baby
Miss anything: I missed taking a bath while at the beach! And I really miss eating sushi - man I want sushi SO BAD!
Food cravings: We bought red grapes this week and I think I told Den at least 10 times that "these grapes are SO GOOD!" Still bread too and brushetta with summer tomatoes - I could eat that for lunch every day!
Anything making you queasy or sick: My prenatals! I'm going to buy a new brand today because I cannot stand to get sick again :( And of course, if I go without eating or don't eat enough. 
Have you started to show yet: Yep
Gender: ONE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy or moody most of the time: Feeling more balanced which is a HUGE relief
Looking forward to: NEXT MONDAY!!! And shopping ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment