Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

OB Visit

Today I had my first OB visit and it went fantastic! The nurses were awesome and the doctor I met with is now one of my top favorites. (This is not the same OB I delivered LB with.) Blood pressure and weight looked good - I've lost a pound, which with all the carbs I've been gobbling up is surprising, but I've also not eaten a lot of meat or huge quantities of anything. I know I will gain it back in no time!

The biggest thing that happened? We heard Baby P's heartbeat!!!!! A steady 165
Of course, I've got a video of it :) I've already listened to it oh, only about 80 times today.
And before you say the girl vs boy heartbeats, remember, LB's heartbeat was LOW and she was a girl - so we've already proved that old wives tale wrong! (She was also born VERY bald while I had heartburn like CRAZY.)

Labs were drawn and records requested for my previous C-section. Still up in the air about what I want in that regards. I know I'll go ahead and schedule a c-section for 41 if that's possible....but the idea right now is that if I go on my own, I'd like to labor. I have time to think about it though and it's not just my decision to make either!
Other news, We are planning on doing a level 2 ultrasound at 18 weeks to get a better look at Baby's brain anatomy just to be on the safe side. It definitely made me feel better that the Dr was willing to do that for me.

Overall I was very happy with my first visit. Next one is 4 weeks from now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment