Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Heyyyyy Crafty Lady

Oh yes, I did just use that as my subject line. I've had to stuck all day in my head and chuckled every time I sang it.

Anywho, I finally used my employee discount at Michaels to purchase some crafty things I've been pinning. I now own a glue gun! Yes! It's been a fun couple of days and I look forward to doing and sharing more over the holidays!

Lily Belle and I made a snowman to greet our guests! Actually, I made it. All of it. But Lily likes to go and try to grab his carrot nose off! 

Ornament trees!

This is my favorite :) 

I might go back and glue in some silver tinsel or green beads in the gaps. It's a little too uniform for me anyways. 

Dark Chocolate peppermint bark!!!  I made this batch to take to Jan's for Thanksgiving but also to test out the recipe (i bag dark chocolate chips melted + 1 tsp peppermint extract. Pour out on wax paper. Top with crushed candy canes. Cool. Break up. SO EASY.) 

Oh my gracious. SO FREAKING GOOD. 

And lastly, a project I'd really been looking forward to doing, I upcycled candles!   It was super easy. I found wicks at Michaels as well as $1 christmas candle holders. I took three used candles and melted them down to make one new one! Love it.

 Stay tuned for more! I'm getting all crafty up in here. Can't wait to try more :-) For now though, Enjoy your Thanksgiving!! We'll be heading to Jan's for the day, driving back at night and then I work my first black Friday before heading off to my dads. It's going to be a whirlwind next few days. *sigh* Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment