Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, November 12, 2012

Truckin' along

It's come to my attention thanks to a dear friend that I haven't updated in awhile. I have a lot of different reasons for it:

a. I'm super busy with balancing everything going on lately. It's pretty hard. and tiring.
b. I'm waiting to do a big update with all the IEP stuff when I actually have some answers (on the 29th!)
c. The part that wants to write wants to vent and tantrum and cry about [it.] And part of me refuses to still speak or type the word [infertility] and me/i/allie in a sentence.
d. Life isn't too interesting right now.

Balancing is what I'm doing best these days, working around taking Lily Belle to all her "activities" in the morning (I swear 80% of my week is spent driving) then figuring out and making dinner before I head to work, or Den heads to work. For example: This week, I was called in on Sunday. I work Monday and Tuesday. Den works Wednesday. We have Thursday together. Friday is a long-time-coming planned girls night and Saturday Den works again.
Work is work. I am not completely happy with it but...it's work. And I'm bringing in something and hopefully helping out.
I also have to keep up with the cleaning, cooking, and laundry. So far I've been trying to do at least one load of laundry a day (Thanks, Alexis!) It's helped. Cleaning the house just comes in spurts whenever I find time. And dinner is made before I go to work most nights. I feel guilty when Den and LB  have to "fend for themselves."

The IEP stuff is trucking along. Last week we had LBs "play based assessment" which consisted of a room full of toys for LB to explore and 6 adults to watch her. They consisted of a Psychologist, Speech Therapist, OT, PT, Visual aid teacher and myself. At first they said things like "why is this sweet girl in here at all?" which was super frustrating. Then, as they asked more questions and observed more they concluded that cognitively she is very advanced, my smart little girl, but socially she is pretty behind. Even with adults, whom she is most comfortable with, she wouldn't initiate conversation or play and she never pretended with toys while there. I think they will push the visual therapy (thankfully) and hopefully put her into a half-day preschool program to help with her social skills. I think they might be leaning more towards governor morehead preschool which is just fine with us.

Basically life is moving along and we're just hanging on for dear life!

Stay tuned though because I have a very personal, very big blog post coming up this week that I've been working on for a few months now! It's a very important anniversary and I can't wait to share it with the world, even if it makes me a bit nauseous and nervous to even think about right now ;-)

Meanwhile, entertain yourself with some recent pictures:


Enjoying time outside together before work

We Voted! 

LB has been helping with many things around the house!

Look at this adorable pony tail!!

She's pretty much the definition of LOVE. 

LBs first choo choo ride at Pullen Park for Will's 3rd birthday! She handled it fine but I don't think she'll be jumping back into line anytime soon. We were really happy that Daddy could be there with us to enjoy it too :) 

This shot was from my front yard! Supposedly they take off from the field next to our house. They were close enough to yell down to say "HI!" 


Lily Belle and Jake sliding together during the nice weather today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment