It started with an angry, depressed, lonely girl looking for a way to express the pain. It healed slowly and more painfully through therapy and rough roads. It served as a constant reminder of the things I have been through and stand for. It is now a beautiful reminder of what I was and what I am now because of it. It says that I am a survivor. I am strong. I am capable. I am here and I'm not going anywhere.
I find that the simplicity of the tattoo is what makes it even more beautiful. That one word says so much. Love for myself. Love for my past. Love for my family who stuck besides me through everything. Love for the mistakes that I made and the ones that I am surely still going to make. Love for my fantastic friends who support me through hard times. So. Much. Love. I am blessed beyond measure to be surrounded by so much.
Side Note: I find it funny and appropriate that while I write this I am also searching for a recipe for dinner, entertaining my almost-3-year old, running through my to-do list in my head [vacuuming is a must today] and contemplating my past and my future. It seems like a nice merging of my past and present and I hope I can carry that acceptance and understand with me into my future.


I LOVE the love tattoo...perfect!
ReplyDelete