Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, October 15, 2012

Family Update

For awhile now I've debated on changing my blogs name. But, "Dear Beautiful Belle" holds a special place in my heart. It rolls off the tongue; it's been around for almost 3 years now and it just fits me and this life. So I'm not changing it but just know that though I started this to be about my beautiful Belle, it is now morphed into something more - an outlet for me and this crazy family: a way to update everyone on big things in our lives, not just Lily Belle's.

So with that, here are our updates:
- First off, with the star of our show, LB: PTing is going much better! LB is telling us when she needs to go potty and that has been a huge help! There's still some accidents but they are few and far between. Still no poop in the potty and we're not pushing it.
I'm not sure if it's technically cold season yet but LB has already been sick and has, like always, decided to hold onto that cold. This is going on almost 4 weeks now with a stuffy/runny nose and a cough. The first week I kept her home. The second week I went out to public places when I had to. The third week I agreed with my pedi that this cold was going to linger and decided to go on with my life. Today seems to be worse so we're staying in and doing housework.
Ever since starting at GMP two years ago we have kept up with a skill tracking sheet (I think it's called the Oregon Project?) We just updated it this past week and LB looks amazing, as always! But there is room for improvement on social skills and self-help skills, which we already knew. So I've been spending my much coveted patience on letting LB do things on her own like putting on shoes, taking off jackets, getting her own water or putting away things. She's really into helping me so she thinks it's fun ;-) well, until she gets frustrated, which she gets pretty easily.
And our last big project is breaking the TV habit. I rely on the TV like I relied on the ipad. I'm guilty right now because she's eating breakfast and watching "Super Why" (at least it's educational!) and I plan on handing over the ipad so I can get some cleaning done this morning. But, the TV has become a tantrum magnet again. So when I start seeing things going downhill I turn the TV off and get down on the floor with LB. We read or color or paint. We go outside and collect acorns or bake sweets. I'm trying and that's important! I'm also trying to be aware of how much TV she watches.

- Daddy is preparing for the major exam of his career: The PE! He has been spending every waking moment, that's not at work, studying. It's hard with LB wanting daddy all the time so when he's bunkered down with the books I try to take LB out of the house and we usually end up with Nana. I will be happy when this exam is over! Only 2 more weeks :) And when he passes this he'll be getting a pay raise and that will make life a little bit easier!
Daddy's birthday is also the day after the test so we have lots to celebrate at the end of October!

- And as for me, I'm truckin' along. I've been dealing with some not-so-happy emotions lately and it's been a battle to overcome them. I'm hoping I have found a (crazy) solution to help me out though.
I got a part time job! 
It's nothing crazy, just some seasonal work at Michaels (The Mom store, as my friend Justin says!) It doesn't pay hardly anything but it's something and something is better than nothing at this point. I think, as my best friend Sarah says, that it will give me a sense of accomplishment that I'm not getting much of as a SAHM. I know that I rock at being a sahm, that I run this ship and keep it going - but I don't feel like it's enough for me right now. And we need the money, even if it's not much. I have to think that every little bit helps. LB and I also need a little break from each other so I'm hoping this job will cover a lot of bases - A lot of hope to have in one little part time job, eh? I'm going to be working part time in the afternoons and weekends for now. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment