Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Rearranging my furniture

I was thinking late last night while I was up every other hour with LB that being a new mom is a lot like entering a dark room. You have to feel around, figure out the layout, run into a few things, get some bumps and bruises. But then you do figure out that layout and you realize where you left things and where the squeaky spots on the floor are. I think in my case, and maybe it's this way for everyone but it certainly is for me, I feel like someone is constantly coming in and rearranging my furniture and I'm having to learn where everything is in the dark all over again. Maybe it's supposed to be this way, always on my toes. Never bored. Always something new to learn. Always a new obstacle. I guess in a good way, it keeps life interesting. Right?

So a few things have been going on lately.

1. As promised I wanted to update y'all on the sleep issue. Last night was a bad night but the past couple of nights before that, thanks to my game plan of sticking to the nap schedule, has done the trick. I have learned that Lily sometimes doesn't let me know that she's tired. Yes, sometimes she does with the fussiness and rubbing her eyes. But, most of the time I just watch the clock and between 3-4 hours I just go upstairs and rock her to sleep and it works! And it's marvelous!

2. I think I know why she was up very often last night. I have noticed the past couple of days some drool, MORE gumming on her hands and toys (she's always been a gummer on her hands and fingers since about 5 months old) and just today I looked and saw that her upper gums are red, soft because they are swollen. YES! She is teething FINALLY! 9.5 months later. My poor baby always likes to take her time with everything :P I had to explain to my sister that most babies get their first tooth around 6 months, so this is why I'm very excited that we might finally be entering this new stage!

3. We attempted baby yogurt again. First day after lunch, before dinner, I gave Lily 3 bites of yo baby yogurt (apple+sweet potato) then the second day I gave her 4 bites. Then today I gave her a little bit more. It was all successful. No spit up, no throw up. Woo hoo! So, I'm not going to attempt a whole carton or anything but it's a step in the right direction.
Another little food milestone? I tried the biter biscuit again and she actually held it in her hand and put it in her mouth and gnawed on it. Looking back now I'm sure it's because she's teething because she only gnawed on it. And she didn't swallow any of it, she actually spit out what she bit off but again... it's more than she's ever done before! I tried a mum mum too and she did about the same thing. Baby steps y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment