Now that Lily is a pro at pulling up on everything there has been a whole mess of falls, bang ups, bumps, bruises and tears. I always pick her up, tell her she's okay and remind her (and really, myself) that this is going to happen a lot! She likes to pull up on laundry baskets which really is a good thing to pull up on except when they are empty! I'm trying to let her have free reign on the house but I feel like I'm constantly having to move things, take things away and redirect her which can be pretty tiring. Speaking of tiring...I am not, for once, tired that is! I don't know what's caused this but I LOVE IT. Like I said before, I changed her medicine times around so I'm not waking her up in the middle of the night and I've also stopped nursing her back to sleep when she wakes up crying. If patting her back in the crib doesn't work I try the paci in the crib and if that doesn't work I get her out and rock her with a paci which knocks her out in two seconds. Last night she woke up ONCE at midnight crying and I was able to rock her back to sleep. Then I got her up at 4am and gave her medicine and fed her and she slept in until 7 :) And today she is on her second nap. The first being at 10:15a for one hour (which I also snuck in a little nap!) So I am one well rested, happy mommy for once :)
Just a minute ago I also did something else amazing and had a serious Love Moment. You know, those moments that just take your breath away, that squeeze your heart just a little tighter that make you fight hard not to tear up. Yep, I had one of those. I was washing dished in the kitchen while Lily played with a laundry basket of socks and underwear (she had fun playing peekaboo with my panties..haha, at least they were clean!) and I heard a big, loud THUMP which I knew immediately was my poor daughters head banging the floor *sigh* So after calming her down, making her laugh and lots of snuggles, I decided it was time for a nap since she had been up a good 4 hours and I'm trying really hard to get on a good routine. Anyway, so I went upstairs, snuggled her in (despite her constant wiggles) and stuck the paci in her mouth since I knew she didn't need to nurse since she ate an hour before. And she just sat there, not sucking, just looking at me. So I took it out, tried again, and nothing. But I could tell she was tired. She wasn't smiling and her eyes were getting heavy. So I just sat there and rocked her. For once I couldn't think of a thing I needed to get done. I could only think of this warm little girl in my arms, snuggled up to me with her eyes slowly closing and I mentally took a picture.
And you know what? She fell asleep! With no paci, no nursing, hardly any "shushing." It was amazing! Maybe she's trying to tell me that she's ready to stop nursing to sleep because she did something similar last night before bed. Which I guess is a good thing since we'll be weaning soon (as long as she wants to!)
Quick little update on GMP developmental/visual assessment we had this morning. Everything went great! They are coming back again next week to do some more visual stuff. Overall LB seems to be doing great and hitting the most important milestones. Of course the textured foods is a big one but they already have a referral in for me for an OT to come out and help us with that. They gave me some ideas for playtime to help her catch up on some little things and they want her to start "talking" a little bit more but really, there's nothing I can do to speed that up besides what I already do (reading, singing, talking to her.) So that's all good news and I'm glad to be working with them finally and can't wait to hear the officially report.


No comments:
Post a Comment