Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring Break

This week is spring break for LB. It is also the week she decided to drop her nap. And it is also the week she has woken up every night at least 5-6 times - that's like every two hours. That's a newborn, guys. I have a three year old, not a newborn. Nuts!

And I keep reminded myself of a few things:
1. I have been much more tired than this.
2. And I survived.
3. She goes back to school next week and I will be able to come home and take a power nap without worrying what she is doing in her room for "quiet time" - like painting poop all over herself - YES, that happened.

And then I am reminded that this is just a preview of what summer is going to be. I have got to make a plan here. I need an activity to do every day. I have to keep busy because otherwise the days are so.very.long without nap times.
I have implemented a "quiet time" which consists of about 5 minutes of actual silence and then 45 minutes of singing, yelling happily, tossing and turning, kicking the wall and talking.
I set my alarm for 30 minutes, turn off the sound on the monitor and shut my door. That 30 minutes is all I've gotten to myself everyday for the past week. Because, even at night I am not guaranteed moments to myself. I pour a glass of wine, put my feet up, sigh, get comfortable and BAM - baby girl is up crying. And the moment I repeat the steps above, she is back up again.
At first we figured it was the baba. Then it was just sleep-crying. Last night it was a wet-thirsty night. And the other times, just her crying out for no reason.
I have started turning the monitor sound off after 11pm when I know she is medicated (so no major break through peeing), had her water and has two full cups by her bed, and is snug and dry. After all that, she can take care of herself! I need sleep! Especially with no nap-catch-up-time.

But even with all that nonsense we've still held it [mostly] together and have had some amazing sunshine days this week. Enjoy more outdoor pictures - we've been keeping busy and having fun :)

Making bird feeders!!

Yep, she's pantsless. When you do as much laundry as I do you learn to prioritize. 

This day at the park got WARM!

We had fun together

Fun at a very busy Marbles!

BRAVE girl!


Watering my poor frost-bitten flowers

Park time with Will!!

The defeated girl, pouting because she fell off her trike. She took her shoes off (?) and got back on!
And of course, snuggle time.
The good thing about no naps and all this activity is that LB is ready to get into bed by 6:30 or 7 and falls asleep instantly. I wish she would still take a little bit of a nap because it's obvious she needs it but I have learned (the hard way) that you just cannot force someone to sleep!

1 comment:

  1. You are so right about summer. This week is Asher's spring break too and I've become painfully aware of how much we value school around here! ha!

    ReplyDelete