Thankfully we woke up to a rainy day this morning. The pollen is out in full force and the rain blessedly washed piles of it away. It also gave me a morning with Lily - school-free. At first I was worried because I had a long list of chores to accomplish but Lily brought me back to reality with a "Mama, what are we going to do today?" I kept thinking about fun things they do in school and how the teachers react to messes with a shrug and a
we'll clean it up later. Let them play and explore. I used to be like that! My motto was "everything can be cleaned" but somewhere along the way I lost that.
So today I decided to get the paint out and instead of painting with brushes, Lily and I searched the house for fun things to use. We came up with an easter egg, deflated balloon, ribbon, pom poms (the best!), and of course hands and feet! And then I just let her go at it. I didn't worry about the floor or the feet and knees covered in paint. She had so much fun and so did I! (I'll admit, I did clean the floor a bit just to
double triple check the paint would come off!)
 |
| A blank slate |
 |
| Pom Pom's first - and definitely the most fun |
 |
| The deflated balloon |
 |
| The Easter egg made perfect circles much to Lily's delight! |
 |
| Making a mess, and me being okay with it! |
 |
| :) |
 |
| One of my favorite pictures! |
 |
| And let's end it with putting your whole entire hand in there! |
 |
| Covered the whole hand! |
 |
| perfect hand print :) |
 |
| And we ended our fun with a bubble bath! |
So fun. I love it - I love this post. All too often I find myself diverting Asher away from activities just because I dread the clean up, but that has to stop. They are only little once! Thanks for the reminder. :-)
ReplyDeleteoops, this is Emily - logged in to the wrong account. :-)
ReplyDelete